Whats a good place for laptop memory, good quality ?

The_1_And_Only

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my laptop from 2Gb to its max 4GB, its a sony vaio. Whats the best place to go where you have used before and the quality and service has been good, i dont want any cheap rubbish as its not worth the risk in a high spec laptop.

One quick question, say you use some after market memory and your laptop develops a problem under warranty is it best to keep the manufacturers memory so you can switch it back just in case your laptop has to go away?

I used the crucial system scanner, I used it for my sons laptop, delivery was fast and quality memory. Its avalable here.

A second vote for Crucial - they're excellent.

Cheers,

Martin.

Make that three. Excellent memory for excellent prices :)

Just don't pay for next day delivery, as you'll be lucky to see it next day. It's next day from when they get around to sending it ;)

Does it take much computer knowledge to upgrade your laptop memory.
I myself have a Dell Inspiron 9400,and was surprised to fine how cheap memory for my unit.

Normally you just undo a screw on a panel on the bottom of the laptop. Remove existing RAM (if all slots in use already) by pushing the plastic clips outwards and pull RAM away. Push new RAM into slot until it is clipped in place. Replace the panel and tighten screw.

Mark.

Normally you just undo a screw on a panel on the bottom of the laptop. Remove existing RAM (if all slots in use already) by pushing the plastic clips outwards and pull RAM away. Push new RAM into slot until it is clipped in place. Replace the panel and tighten screw.

Mark.

Yup... worst case scenario for laptops like that is you need to remove the keyboard and it's installed underneath that. Neither is particularly tricky though and Dell are usually quite sensible with their designs. I'm sure there will be a guide on the net though :)

Thanks a lot for all the input, ive decided to go with some Kingston memory which a mate recommended.

I bought cheap kingston value ram from play.com and it has been fine in my laptop

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom