What's a game you want to see remade or remastered?

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
With the release of Mass Effect Legendary, I've been thinking recently about the propensity to remaster, remake or re-release videogames with a specific cultural cache.

If you could see a game you love from yesteryear remade from the ground up, game mechanics and play style intact, what would it be?

Any platform, any era.

To put mine out there up front, I think I'd choose Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Massively underrated FPS game from 2004 which goes way above and beyond the necessary quality that a movie tie-in requires. Genuinely one of the best games of its generation.

Socom 2. Fantastic multiplayer experience back in the day.

For some reason I really like Harry Potter 1 on the PS1. I'm not a fan of the Harry Potter series, but I liked the dark atmosphere of the game and the fun easy puzzles. I like easy games lol. I want the game to be remade with more puzzles.

I also like to see a remake of Fire Emblem Blazing Sword. Make it 3D, add more difficult chapters and interesting bosses.

Dungeon Master
Gauntlet

Their finest hour : The Battle for Britain ( this one seriously though)

Rdr on pc.

It's actually a better game than the sequel.

The main problem with Rdr2 is that it takes no chances, does nothing new and missions are incredibly linear. Rdr is truly radical.

Rdr is surely one of the great games. Unfortunately the graphics are so dated now.

I tried to so called upgraded game on the X and I found it unplayable given the dated nature of the presentation.

This would be top of my remaster pile.

However rockstar seem most unwilling to take this project on. But they've got so much money that they don't have to bother with such projects.

Also I'd love to see last of us 1 and 2 on pc along with a remastered series of uncharted games.

Sony seem very reluctant to put these out on pc. I'm sure they would be massive sellers.

Instead they put repetitive dross out like days gone.

But there's usually a method in sonys madness.

I want all PS1 Resident Evil games brought out in a collection for the PS4/PS5. At the moment they're on sale on the PS store but limited to the PS3/PSP/Vita only.

A wee slight touch up to the graphics would be lovely, as would full trophy support.

The main problem with Rdr2 is that it takes no chances, does nothing new and missions are incredibly linear.
This made me chuckle, because my main problem with RDR2 is that it is way too open and I get "open-world-paralysis" having no clue what bits are worth doing and what is really not.
I never felt that with RDR finding myself propelled to the story but having enough side stuff to do to tootle around having fun with.

Sony seem very reluctant to put these out on pc. I'm sure they would be massive sellers.
Very reluctant / not giving up a singularly valuable franchise that has driven sales of two generations of consoles. I'm not massively surprised that their attitude is, "Want to play Uncharted? Buy a Playstation." It's worked for them for nearly 15 years.

Flashback from the Mega Drive and SNES. Loved it then and to be redone from the ground up with todays machines, epic

The legend of Zelda - Ocarina of time.

My favourite game of all time. I have so many fond memories of playing it. I would love to play a remastered HD version.

The 16-bit generation has a number of great games that are ripe for a remake with modern-day graphics.

• Contra III
  • Golden Axe
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Revenge of Shinobi
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid

Would be amazing if they could get a modern-day take on the artwork from that era. I remember Golden Axe and Revenge of Shinobi had art that looked like the cover of an 'interactive' novel.

The 16-bit generation has a number of great games that are ripe for a remake with modern-day graphics.

• Contra III
  • Golden Axe
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Revenge of Shinobi
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid

Would be amazing if they could get a modern-day take on the artwork from that era. I remember Golden Axe and Revenge of Shinobi had art that looked like the cover of an 'interactive' novel.
Bought the Golden Axe 1 and 2 soundtrack not so long ago. Proper childhood importance, that one.

A remake of KOTOR 1 and 2 would be the best.
THE BEST.
I'm finally getting round to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, and I found myself thinking that KOTOR/TSL would probably work really well in the DAI engine... any ambitious modders out there?

I just noticed that a remastered Virtua Fighter 5 is a free PS Plus game next month and it reminded me I always through the game mechanics of VF were way ahead of all other fighting games. It was almost impossible to win with button mashing. Of course, back when I played VF2 I had the time to invest in getting good at it.

Best of the Best Cbampionship Karate. Used to love it on the game boy back in the day.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom