What's a game you want to see remade or remastered?

Blimey, that's an old game. Sure I had this on my SNES around 93? It's the one where you fly an apache helicopter right...
Yes it is. And it holds up very well to do this day. Its the sort of game I will put on and then keep playing till I have finished it whenever I do (and there are very few games that make me want to do that)

Desert Strike. This is one of the very few small handful of games (talking about maybe 6 games in total) I like to repeatedly fire up an emulator and go through the entire game once every year or so.

It doesn't have to be a fancy remake. Just an Xbox 360 live game type of polished up remake. Like was done for games like Turtles in time, Strider and Bionic Commando. Where they just take the same game and spruce up the graphics a little bit.
One of the first games I downloaded, when I got my Amiga 500 Mini. I've seen similar games like it, like Preventive Strike.

and Air Missions HIND

I'm desperate for them to remake the Crusader series (No Remorse & No Regret) but they HAVE to stay as Isometric titles no re-imagined bullcrap

Those are 2 of my favourite titles of that era & would love to see them get some love

Also I'd like to see updated versions of the Hunter titles from the PS2 / X-Box / Gamecube
They are such good multiplayer titles & really enjoyed my time with them back in the day

Neil

Xwing, Tie Fighter, Xwing Alliance

I would love these, could you imagine with updated graphics??

Although I suppose you could say the recent Squadron game did do this in a way

Also I'd like to see Starlancer or Freespace rebooted both are great space flight games

Neil

I would love these, could you imagine with updated graphics??

Although I suppose you could say the recent Squadron game did do this in a way

Also I'd like to see Starlancer or Freespace rebooted both are great space flight games

Neil

I did buy Squadrons but it's just not the same as those games and vastly shorter in content. I would also love the option to play through a coop campaign in squad play going through a story together. I think there is a lot they could do to really open up that genre of game. I tried to get into Elite Dangerous but just struggled with it. Maybe a genre that'll get a boost if VR manages to stick around due to the immersive nature.

I did buy Squadrons but it's just not the same as those games and vastly shorter in content. I would also love the option to play through a coop campaign in squad play going through a story together. I think there is a lot they could do to really open up that genre of game. I tried to get into Elite Dangerous but just struggled with it. Maybe a genre that'll get a boost if VR manages to stick around due to the immersive nature.

I've looked at it loads of times but never did get it
I always loved the story mode in the original titles & think a single player story driven game would be frankly amazing again

I never tried Elite Dangerous but it did look like an interesting concept

Neil

I've looked at it loads of times but never did get it
I always loved the story mode in the original titles & think a single player story driven game would be frankly amazing again

I never tried Elite Dangerous but it did look like an interesting concept

Neil
Squadrons is included in Game Pass if you're a subscriber.

Jade Empire.

Metroid Prime trilogy HD remaster please. Metroid Prime is actually 20 today.

Manhunt. Even for a Rockstar game it was controversial though with its violence and subject matter, it might be a bit too extreme with the clarity and extra detail of modern graphics. Although TLOU2 was just as brutal at times and nobody seemed to bat an eyelid.

The game I'd like to see remade more than any other is Far Cry 2. I just love the gameplay and setting. It's now considered by many to be a 'hardcore' game but to me it's just a proper game that the player has to navigate with player ability. I love the pared back approach. You chose your weapons of choice and tactics from all guns a blazing or stealth. The fire propulsion is the best in the series and a genuinely useful weapon - it speads in the wind direction so you need to choose where to start it.

The advanced level of physics which have been generally scaled back across the board in gaming add an extra level of immersion. All foliage reacts to your movement and gunfire. The driving feels like it should for old basic vehicles with weighty movement. The river system is a genuinely useful method of traversing the gameworld and can be the quickest method. The enemy behaviour, the gorgeous african setting, just the overall look and feel.

It's tough and gritty as hell and requires skill to get through. Zero hand holding, no perks or skill tree. Just player ability.

The best Far Cry by a stretch!

The Saboteur. Quite simply the biggest missed opportunity in gaming history.

I would say Fallout 4 - but that would be a remaster or an update as the game is still very much alive in the modding community and consuming hundreds of hours from new and old fans alike and the fact that I can play it super hardcore as a Rambo type or as a cartoon cat never ceases to amuse. And given the Bethesda schedule of games might mean I only get to play Fallout(5) when I am 60 - I would love them to revamp Fallout 4 - though I would settle for a Fallout 76 that offered a good single player mode with a broad universe of the NPCs hooked up to Chat GPT

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom