What's a game you want to see remade or remastered?

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher bay was already remastered in 2009 with the Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena which included a full remaster of escape from butcher bay

caz2005

There's some N64 classics that could be awesome remade today.

Turok
Wave Race
1080 snowboarding
Episode 1 Pod Racer
Blast Corps

to name a few

Tolq

Did you ever play Pillars of Eternity? It really scratches that itch.

I loved this game as a kid. It had an HD remaster a few years ago with all the sounds and gameplay totally intact. Pretty fun.

Ah Speedball 2, loved it as well. M.U.D.S. is another little oddball "sports" game that I'd love a remaster of. Oh, and a full remake of the first Fable, please - containing all the things that Peter Molyneux originally promised us. :rotfl:

I haven't actually got round to playing Pillars yet, but I see I've got it for free on the Playstation, so I might have to do just that. I've also really liked the two Divinity: Original Sin games, so I am very pleased that Larian are handling BG 3 :)

FavouredAntelope

Also, before Star Wars: Squadrons was released last year, I would have for sure said the X-Wing/TIE Fighters series. Those games were amazing for their time and I find it strange that a Star Wars pilot sim ever went out of fashion when the available tech got so much more capable of delivering it.

I really like Squadrons but would love to see them build on it.

bryfitness

Novice Member
With the release of Mass Effect Legendary, I've been thinking recently about the propensity to remaster, remake or re-release videogames with a specific cultural cache.

If you could see a game you love from yesteryear remade from the ground up, game mechanics and play style intact, what would it be?

Any platform, any era.

To put mine out there up front, I think I'd choose Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Massively underrated FPS game from 2004 which goes way above and beyond the necessary quality that a movie tie-in requires. Genuinely one of the best games of its generation.
Nightmare on Elm Street for sure! I remember being a kid and playing the game. When Freddy would start coming for me. It would scare the sh*t out of me!

I would love to see them remake the game but maybe make it first-person style.

mikeysthoughts

Timesplitters 2. A fun and humourous shooter with a good single & 2 player co-op player story and excellent 4-player split screen competitive maps.

tazmago

Distinguished Member
Timesplitters 2. A fun and humourous shooter with a good single & 2 player co-op player story and excellent 4-player split screen competitive maps.
Fantastic game. There’s some good news on the franchise front, not a remake of TS2, but a next gen Timesplitters is in development following a reformed Free Radical Design :thumbsup:.

mr starface

Toybox Turbo/Mashed s or similar Micro Machines game - Yes I know there was a new MM game 4/5 years ago but it was bloody awful. We still play toybox turbos today, such a good laugh.

Midtown Madness 2 - Loved this game, especially the cops vs robbers multiplayer game

Dread Pirate Roberts

Novice Member
Years ago my favourite game was on Gamecube. It was called Gotcha Force. It was a bit of a Pokémon rip-off but I actually preferred it to Pokémon. Unfortunately, it wasn't all that popular in the west and so I can't see Capcom doing anything with it.

KennyNinja74

Distinguished Member
Driveclub, Project Gotham Racing, Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell and Jest Set Radio.:lease:

Last edited:

mikeysthoughts

Driveclub, Project Gotham Racing, Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell and Jest Set Radio.:lease:
Someone had a Dreamcast back in the day!

Massively underrated console, and it would be great fun to see the PGR series return. For me MGSV and Hitman 3 do Splinter Cell better than Splinter Cell, but I can see the appeal of a remaster.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Q Acoustics announces Q Active app availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL introduces Roku smart TVs for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco Audio introduces new N100-H50 digital music library
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 16th June 2021