Whats a Denon AVC-A1SR worth these days?

dudeonline

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm thinking about selling my Denon AVC-A1SR but have no idea what they are worth these days.. found one on ebay at 650 (starting bid) but that seemed a touch expensive.. could find the older inferior A11 still asking around £500. Are these still worth strong money??

Thanks very much.. I think that is about where I will pitch it then.. (when I decide to sell!) Thanks for taking the time to reply..

As kdp99 says they're still great Amps and one of the few Denons to have DSP Processing/Bass Management on their 8CH External Decoder Inputs. Very handy feature.

Jase said:
As kdp99 says they're still great Amps and one of the few Denons to have DSP Processing/Bass Management on their 8CH External Decoder Inputs. Very handy feature.

Thanks Jase, I connect to my bd player for surround with analogue cables.. :)

Is it the A1SRA version with denon link 3 by any chance?

oz72 said:
Is it the A1SRA version with denon link 3 by any chance?

I've no idea I'm afraid.., it just says Denon AVC-1SR on the front. It does also say Denon digital link, but not link 3..

Thanks not sure how you can tell the difference on the A1SR and A1SRA, I know the A version has Dolby Pro Logic IIx and Denon link 3. I'd have thought it would have said Denon Link 3 on the back next to the DL port, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone else can say for sure.

Thanks not sure how you can tell the difference on the A1SR and A1SRA, I know the A version has Dolby Pro Logic IIx and Denon link 3. I'd have thought it would have said Denon Link 3 on the back next to the DL port, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone else can say for sure.

I'm not sure I'll have a nose around as its not wired up at the moment due to decorators in and stuff... It does Pro Logic II not sure about 'x'.

An A1SRA will have an HDCD logo on the front panel. Only real way to tell if an A1SR has been upgraded to A spec is to check the modes it's got (PLIIx). Can't remember if the Denon Link on the back panel gets labelled as DL3 or not.

An A1SRA will have an HDCD logo on the front panel. Only real way to tell if an A1SR has been upgraded to A spec is to check the modes it's got (PLIIx). Can't remember if the Denon Link on the back panel gets labelled as DL3 or not.

Thanks for the answer, could you send the A1SR off to be upgraded to the A spec like you could with the A1SE? If you did would Denon put a HDCD logo sticker on the front panel? like the did with the KA1SE?

Thanks for the answer, could you send the A1SR off to be upgraded to the A spec like you could with the A1SE? If you did would Denon put a HDCD logo sticker on the front panel? like the did with the KA1SE?

You could of sent it back to Denon to be upgraded but they didn't change any logos on the front panel in the process. Can't get upgrades for the later A1XV anymore so I doubt they'd upgrade an A1SR (although no harm in asking them).

Thanks, I've got a KA1SE and have read that they wouldn't couldn't upgrade that to the A1SRA spec. The reason I'm interested in spotting the difference is I'd like an A1SRA to play SACD via denon link. If one comes along on ebay it would be good to be able to tell the difference from a A1SR that has been sent back to Denon to be upgraded. I guess proof would be for them to take a picture of the dolby IIx on the display.

Thanks, I've got a KA1SE and have read that they wouldn't couldn't upgrade that to the A1SRA spec. The reason I'm interested in spotting the difference is I'd like an A1SRA to play SACD via denon link. If one comes along on ebay it would be good to be able to tell the difference from a A1SR that has been sent back to Denon to be upgraded. I guess proof would be for them to take a picture of the dolby IIx on the display.

Denon said it wasn't technically possible to upgrade a KA1SE to A1SRA spec (which I was a little dubious about). If the KA1SE digital board could handle THX Ultra2 etc I'm sure Dolby PLIIx & DL3 wouldn't have been a problem.

PLIIx will be the definite giveaway it's an A1SRA so that's your best option for identification. If I remember correctly A1SRA's still had A1SR on the front panel.

Anyone know this year's value? I'm about to put mine on the classifieds.

I sacrificed about 100w per channel for HDMI switching.

TIA

TIA

I'd be surprised if you got more than £350-400 for it. Could you use it in a second system at all? I'd rather do that than let it go cheap.

TIA

Hi Andy is it an A1SRA or A1SR
I'm after a one with DL3 so I can play high res multi channnel audio

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom