What's a decent 1080p projector?

Uruloke

I've had a look at the FAQ bits in the first post, but it's all way out of date. I'm looking at potentially getting room setup for projection with a 92" 16:9 screen where folks will be sat approx 10 feet away. I already have a 65" LG C9 for HDR and Dolby Vision and whatnot, so I'm not really after a projector that does all that, I want it mainly for the "big screen experience", and I believe a 1080p onbe will just about do at this early stage of my "experiment"

So with that in mind, what's a decent 1080p projector that is also reasonably priced? My budget is ~£500

kbfern

Distinguished Member
£500 is bargain basement price if new. Get something from one of the known brrands if you can Optoma Acer BenQ Epson Viewsonic and make sure you get a native 1080p widescreen model not a data type used for office projection.

You need to decide between LCD or DLP projectors.

hype_male

I've had a look at the FAQ bits in the first post, but it's all way out of date. I'm looking at potentially getting room setup for projection with a 92" 16:9 screen where folks will be sat approx 10 feet away. I already have a 65" LG C9 for HDR and Dolby Vision and whatnot, so I'm not really after a projector that does all that, I want it mainly for the "big screen experience", and I believe a 1080p onbe will just about do at this early stage of my "experiment"

So with that in mind, what's a decent 1080p projector that is also reasonably priced? My budget is ~£500
I have lg hf80jg full hd projector onnjere if interested

Luminated67

Distinguished Member
£500 is very tight if you are after a decent quality 1080p projector, even secondhand. When you already have a high quality OLED TV you will feel very underwhelmed by anything below an Epson 9300 which secondhand will set you back about £800 and above.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

ur screen size not very big so in a fully bat cave room, u can get away with an old JVC in ur price range if its got low hours on the bulb.
but that is very unlikely.

Inked

Distinguished Member

I’ve been very happy with my Epson EH TW650. Can be picked up for around £500. I only wanted something cheap to start off with and I’ve been using it for over 3 years now and my 65” 4K TV never gets used

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom