Whats a D4 connection and where can I get a convertor?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by smithgi, Nov 12, 2004.

1. smithgi

smithgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a Sanyo Z2 projector ( japanese import) and I've found that my component leads will not plug in as theres no component inputs on the back, even though the manual says there is. There is , however a D4 connector marked as component input. Is there an adapter available that will allow me to use this?

regards

Gavin

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Do you mean a miny D sub connector with 9 pins (like the accessory input o the back of a PC)? If so this is quite common and is used on a lot of video scalers and several projectors. Go to www.keene.co.uk and give em a ring, they will be able to make you a good quality D sub to 3 female RCA adaptor for about £15.00. If not I think I may have a spair I could sell you for about a tenner, if so post a "want" on the classifieds and I will answer it :thumbsup:

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,229
    smithgi

D4 is used pretty much exclusively in Japan - your more likely to get an adapter from your projector supplier.

I don't think I've ever seen D4 mentioned in any UK/Euro cable and connector catalogues.

Best regards

Joe

4. bmcomp

bmcomp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Did anyone manage to source a D4 to Component cable? I have found alot of american websites that supply one with equipment they sell but wont sell just the cable!

HELP!!!
    :lease:

Cheers

Brian

5. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Can't you input component over VGA on the Sanyos anyway, or is it just on the professional models like our one at work? You just need a 5 RCA (or BNC with converters) to VGA cable, just use the red, green and blue wires from this and set projector to accept component over VGA. Of course, if you normally use VGA for something else, you'll then need to use a VGA-DVI converter aswell, but I'm sure someone will have one of them going begging (was one on my desk but can't find it now!)

6. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also been looking for one of these for my projector (ordered from PriceJapan.com). Unfortunately, the only one I can find is from PriceJapan. It'll cost me about $90 Australian to get a 10m Sanyo cable shipped to Melbourne. $93 for a 5m and $80 for a 1.5m audi-technica.

I did find one (using google) from iodata.com for a Avel Linkplayer. I assume they'd work but they don't ship outside the U.S. so I couldn't even see the price.

Let me know if you have any luck with a converter or another source.