• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Whats a BD701 worth these days ?

helipilot

Established Member
I have aquired a couple of Barco Data 701 projectors due to a friends immigration to warmer climes.

I already have a Nec 9PG clone so I have no need for these projectors.

Could someone give me an idea of their value ?

I have posted in the classified forums but have received little interest. I think I could be a bit out of touch with CRT values and may have over priced them.

Projector 1 (4305 hrs) appears to be fully operational but the control cover at the rear of the projector is missing. The case is lighly scuffed around the edges but appears sound. The green and blue tubes are showing signs of wear but no burn-in damage is evident, the red is almost perfect.

Projector 2 (1912 hrs) is dead with a blown blue tube, one convergence zone down and a faulty input board. However the red and green tubes are absolutely perfect with no wear pattern visible at all.
photos can be seen here:-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186168

I would be happy to split Projector 2 if there was enough interest in the parts.

Remotes are available for both projectors and I also have a Video show presenter control for one of them.

Could anyone suggest a realistic value for these ?

Attachments

• barco701.JPG
    barco701.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 56
  • barco4305hr.JPG
    barco4305hr.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 66

aerobic247

Established Member
Hi it's nice to see some one eles hear from East Kilbride.
The barco projector above is a barco data 701s not a 701.
You can tell by the white face of the tosheba tubes
the other barco you have with a blown tube is 701 whitch uses sony 07ms tubes.
Shame it was the blue tube that blew as i have a new sony 07ms green tube lying about the house some whare. :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom