• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Whats a 6 week old Pace HD box worth

...It doesnt work as the Hard drive failed after the update but was wondering what its worth?

It worked faultlessly until the EPG update and now will only stay on until you try and use the drive then it resets....

Was due to have a revisit to replace it this morning but sky cancelled it without telling me so I am giving up on all the hassle (failing power supplys on thomson boxes, poor picture from amstrad boxes, failing pace & samsung boxes ... etc etc)

So anyone any ideas what a box with a failed drive is worth?

Silver Serpent

Prominent Member
I'd put it in Ebay with a £50 starting price and see how much it fetches.

The likelyhood is, come the end of the auction, it will roughly reach it's value.

People are always on the look out for faulty boxes and will pay as much as they think it's worth, taking repair and profit into consideration.

derek500

Prominent Member
There are loads of people who aren't eligible for a subsidised box (expats etc.). I'm sure you'll get a good price from a dealer or a techie.

HD sceptic

Established Member
Try to replace the HDD yourself first, if you have a spare SATA drive about, that way you can see if it is just the HDD.

You will also be able to get the faulty drive out, and check the drive manufacturers website to see if the drive is under warranty, and if it is you could RMA it to them for a replacement.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom