• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Whatever happened to overnight Anytime HD broadcasting?

tausifs

Hi,

as above. I know Sky now offer "On Demand" re-branding.

But they used to do Anytime overnight recordings of shows like Dexter in HD and without advert breaks. I dont think the same is available with On Demand.

Is this correct ? Can I watch current episodes of Dexter in HD without ads in On Demand ? Most if not all of on demand looks SD only.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Does it automatically. Any "On Demand" recordings which are available to view immediately, rather than start downloading via your internet connection, are ones it has downloaded overnight/when the box is not in use.

Every week you should get next week's movie premieres in the list - along with a dozen or so other programmes/channels. Quite a few kid's programmes this week, if memory serves me right.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
OK, can you tell me how to set it up/activate it, as for the life of me, I can't find exactly where ?

Check it is turned on in "Services" "Customise" - Enable On Demand Showcase - Showcase is the new name for Anytime on "On Demand" enabled boxes.

wbabbington

I've noticed that over the past few months 'showcase' just isn't updating overnight. Mine now entirely consists of films and most have been there for quite some time now. If I want to see what the new films are on Friday I have to go to the movies section of on-demand and download them.

No great loss but it was always nice just being able to play things straight away, and I watched some stuff that I wouldn't normally if I had to no off and search for it then download it.

wbabbington

Tight Git said:
As always, make/model of PVR for best response, please! :)

DRX890 and communal (one feed) setup. I figured its just part of Sky slowly winding down showcase and making people look into their catch up services as about 6 months ago it worked pretty well.

derek500

DRX890 and communal (one feed) setup. I figured its just part of Sky slowly winding down showcase and making people look into their catch up services as about 6 months ago it worked pretty well.

Except the reserved part of the HDD is exclusively for pushed content.

A whole bunch of Disney films suddenly arrived this evening to coincide with the new channel launch.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom