What you think of SONY BRAVIA KDL32S2530?

kiwinator

Standard Member
Reaction score
Here is the tv i want to get because its cheap as it comes with the dvd+rw recorder.

I hear sonys bravia engine is good so should i buy it!

Sorry im not very good at tvs etc

Any one got one and think they are good?

Thanks

Kiwi

hi havent got one but try digital direct im sure its £100 cheaper

sorry no but they might do you a price match with dvd recorder could still work out cheaper.

I just got my Sony KDL 32S2530 delivered today from Digital Direct.

Got it connected to my Virgin V+ (HDMI), Wii (Comp) and DVD (Scart) and everything looks sweet.

I had to turn the sharpness down on SD telly. It all looks nice now. I view it from around 6ft.

BBC HD looks nice.

I just got my Sony KDL 32S2530 delivered today from Digital Direct.

Got it connected to my Virgin V+ (HDMI), Wii (Comp) and DVD (Scart) and everything looks sweet.

I had to turn the sharpness down on SD telly. It all looks nice now. I view it from around 6ft.

BBC HD looks nice.
Cool, so it has component then? Good.

Im getting this TV for my nan and as that tv has freeview in it does it have any HD channels on it?

Also if i watch a DVD in the DVD+RW recorder is it possible to upscale the picture quality?

Got mine from EmpireDirect for £545 (delivered in <24 hours).

Very impressed indeed - had to knock back a lot of the settings for SD but Sky and Freeview now fine. HD is truly outstanding.

I don't use it for games but got it hooked up to PC via 20m VGA cable. Display is sweet at 1360x768.

At this price it's a real bargain - and a it's very nicely designed set. The software is very smart too. You have a lot of independent control over the individual inputs.

I finally got one too from Empire Direct delivered in 24 hours. Very impressed. Joined the ED Member scheme for &#163;19.99 for 3 years additional warranty, but used Google checkout for &#163;10 off.

&#163;555 all done with four years cover. JL just can't get close.

As for settings, I only have freeview straight into the tv. Turned off most features and scaled back the settings for a natural looking but vibrant picture. Could just be the signal, but the picture on freeview looks so much better than standard definition Sky.

Somewhere in the past a member did a very useful review with photographs and a full list of settings, It was very in depth. If anyone can find it again, why not post the link here?

Could just be the signal, but the picture on freeview looks so much better than standard definition Sky.
Try turning off RGB on your Sky box. For some reason the PAL output on mine looked a whole lot better in SD. The Freeview output is not RGB.

could anyone keep adding thoughts on this tv as im interested in it.
i was looking at the v2500 but its too dear and with technology changing quick i dont want to get a tv thats going to be replaced in a number of years.
this tv looks good for the price though.

I was really considering this Sony model, and even got as far as ordering it in at JL on a PM for £549.00, paying for it, and going in to collect it.

However.......when I arrived to collect, since my last visit JL had installed a Panasonic TX32LMD70 next to the Sony, with the same SD feed (which is unusual as this JL store tend to always have a PC HD feed into th Sony's on display).

Both had the snooker on BBC2 playing......Boy was I glad......

The picture on the Sony was good....but the picture on the Panasonic was amazing.....

What I did notice was that on the Sony each of the snooker balls, especially the white, had a slight 'shadow'.

Dont get me wrong, I do like Sony, I bought a KDL26S2030 about 3 months ago for the bedroom and it is fine.

I had a budget of £600 and managed to get Bennetts Chelmsford to PM PCR Direct in Romford at £615 for the Panny (with the 5yr Panny w'tee) against the showroom price of £799.00

So, after a refund from JL, and an hour setting it up, what a fantastic picture....and the wife is happy, while I was at Bennets I bought her a new £15 Iron........

Hey YellowDuck, do you really think the panasonic is so much better? I was going to get the Sony KDL32S2530 exactly the same as you, but know i think i might get that panasonic lol. You sure it wasnt the way they were set up?

Whats the panasonic like now? The black levels? When there is fast movement? Etc thanks again

Although it may seem it from my post, I can assure you that this has not been a 'hasty decision' purchase, as I have been reviewing these forums, and other reviews, for a month or so.... This is one I found to be very helpful...

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Panasonic_TX32LMD70.htm

When I visited JL, both the Sony and the Panasonic were on the same feed, from the same splitter box, and the sales guy told me they had just been plugged in and were left at factory settings.

I am sure an 'expert' could have played and improved both sets, but I am not an expert, and I just want a set to watch, not to 'play' with......LOL

I had more or less decided on the Panasonic a few days ago, but the price drop of the Sony pushed me back in that direction as I had not seen both TV's side by side.

I had previously considered the LMD70 against the LXD70, but could not see (or justify for an extra £70) the difference that the 100hz makes when viewed next to each other. Also we did not like the 'silver band' around the LXD70.

Plus, with the Panny I know I am getting up to the moment technology, whereas the Sonys have been out for a short while and the new models will be in the shops shortly....

I am sure you will enjoy whatever you buy.....

However.......when I arrived to collect, since my last visit JL had installed a Panasonic TX32LMD70 next to the Sony, with the same SD feed (which is unusual as this JL store tend to always have a PC HD feed into th Sony's on display).

Both had the snooker on BBC2 playing......Boy was I glad......

The picture on the Sony was good....but the picture on the Panasonic was amazing.....

What I did notice was that on the Sony each of the snooker balls, especially the white, had a slight 'shadow'.

Dont get me wrong, I do like Sony, I bought a KDL26S2030 about 3 months ago for the bedroom and it is fine.

I had a budget of &#163;600 and managed to get Bennetts Chelmsford to PM PCR Direct in Romford at &#163;615 for the Panny (with the 5yr Panny w'tee) against the showroom price of &#163;799.00

So, after a refund from JL, and an hour setting it up, what a fantastic picture....and the wife is happy, while I was at Bennets I bought her a new &#163;15 Iron........

This is what I have been complaining about, this is called HALO problem on Sony V S and X series (mine is V2500 series).
And it is very annoying, and it is very bad quality.

It's not only on those snooker balls you mentioned but on every colour difference boundaries, create blotchy edges or ghosting on Sony.

There is a whole thread talking about this:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360101
So far Sony could not give answer to that problem.
What I was dissapointed is, that thread didn't give me strong warning before my purchase,
so I got false impression thinking that it would not be so bad,
but the fact is the HALO problems in Sony is very very bad.
Especially when it is compared to other product like Toshiba or Panasonic.
(I had Toshiba 1080p before, and the picture quality was far better than Sony).

Tbh I have seen at JL store as well, the Panasonic 32" was side by side with Sony, and it was shown distinctively the Halo problems on Sony was so bad compared to Panasonic that has no halo problem and has great picture quality.

_

Cool, So now onto the panasonic, Whats the difference between LMD70 or LXD70. Did you see both of them? Did you notice any difference?

Thanks

Cool, So now onto the panasonic, Whats the difference between LMD70 or LXD70. Did you see both of them? Did you notice any difference?

Thanks
Apparently the XD version has a far superior screen so get that one.

Also to yellow bloke.

Yeh i understand what you are saying but i might just go with the sony as it has the dvd recorder with it as well.

Thanks

im not happy about this halo problem, it would help if people who have this tv can tell if they have the problem on their tvs.

a difference on the 2 pannys is the refresh rate on the lmd70 is 50hz whereas the lxd70 has 100hz.

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Panasonic_TX32LMD70.htm

Yes but the LMD70 I can get a lot cheaper than the LXD70

I want to know tho, if you saw them side by side, or whoevers seem them, is there a noticeable difference.

ALso see how you say the LMD70 is 50hz, does that mean it wont support ntsc signal which is 60hz?

as it has the dvd recorder with it as well.

The DVD recorder is only recording on the R+/RW+ it could not record on R-/RW-
Actually it is an outdated DVD recorder, you can get it cheap if this version is still being sold (version limited on R+/RW+ recording only).
The dvd recorder type is RDR-GX120 (Tbh I am staring at it now while regreting to buy it as a bonus with Sony).
Sorry if I could not be supportive, but people should know the truth.

_

Yes but the LMD70 I can get a lot cheaper than the LXD70

I want to know tho, if you saw them side by side, or whoevers seem them, is there a noticeable difference.

ALso see how you say the LMD70 is 50hz, does that mean it wont support ntsc signal which is 60hz?

not sure, just wanted to show u the review which seems to say the 100hz made a difference on the xd model.

just saw this too, which proves that no matter which tv u get its going to have minor faults on it, u just have to work out which tv u can live with which fault.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510738

i might even plump for the orion now.:rotfl:

im not happy about this halo problem, it would help if people who have this tv can tell if they have the problem on their tvs.

IMHO probably it is better to ask people who has compared it to other TV.
Like Yellowduck compared it with Panasonic. And since I have had Toshiba before, so my eyes and brain automatically compared it to my Toshiba.

I found in this forums people who has never compared it with other TV tends to think that it is a satisfactory quality.

Maybe the wise way is to go to some stores and see yourself the Panasonic side by side with Sony, or ask the guy in store to give them the same picture source at the same time (including SD) and do some tweaking. (I can do this at local Dixon but not at JL, they hide the remotes)
_

IMHO probably it is better to ask people who has compared it to other TV.
Like Yellowduck compared it with Panasonic. And since I have had Toshiba before than my eyes and brain automatically compared it to my Toshiba.

I found in this forums people who has never compared it with other TV tends to think that it is a satisfactory quality.

Maybe the wise way is to go to some stores and see yourself the Panasonic side by side with Sony, or ask the guy in store to give them a same picture source at the same time and do some tweaking. (I can do this at local Dixon but not at JL, they hide the remotes)
_

to be honest i dont even think i would know what the halo problem would look like, ive got a sony 46x2000 and have never noticed anything, either it doesnt have the problem or i dont know what the halo looks like.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom