What you need to know before you prestige.. (possible spoilers)

markie g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So ive just prestige... i got told it was 50k to prestige... i had 41k

Lost ALL my money however the following do not get reset:

• Player card layers DO NOT get reset.

So ive just prestige... i got told it was 50k to prestige... i had 41k

Lost ALL my money however the following do not get reset:

• Player card layers DO NOT get reset.

did you think you would get to keep the money then? I'm going to buy every layer/emblem/background just before prestiging

did you think you would get to keep the money then? I'm going to buy every layer/emblem/background just before prestiging
Im not sure.. i assumed they would give something for prestiging...

also emblems dont get reset either.

I would have thought so to, i suppose you get the extra backgrounds for the playercard and some more pictures for the layer editor but they aren't really of any value, wish the guns at the bottom of each category were unlocked by prestiging instead of buying everything from the category, they definitely need an incentive to prestige

It was posted by Kav in another thread here somewhere. He said to use all cash on emblems etc before doing it.

It does seem to be a waste though. What happens when we have all emblems, we just throw our cash away :confused:

I think you should keep your camo's and custom sights etc as well. It would be nice to eventually get to the point where you had every single customisable without having to get to 15th/permenantly stick on a prestige.

Im about 20,000 xp off prestiging and so spent a good 30-40000 CP on emblems/backgrounds etc last night.

@markgodley. Its 50 k to join the prestige leaderbords rather than prestiging itself.

Last edited:
Im about 20,000 xp off prestiging and so spent a good 30-40000 CP on emblems/backgrounds etc last night.

@markgodley. Its 50 k to join the prestige leaderbords rather than prestiging itself.
Ah that would make sense.. been misinformed.. damnit!

Ive also noticed i didnt have to buy the ability to put my playercard onto my gun, this seems to be unlocked for all the guns ive been using....normally its 1k

I thought its always been the case that ou more or less loose everything once you prestige?

The main reason that I will never bother doing it again after doing so once in COD4.

What advantages apart from extra slot do you get by prestiging?

What advantages apart from extra slot do you get by prestiging?

• Extra custom class spots prestige 1,3,5,7,9.
  • Facial Tattoos. Prestige 11.
  • Golden Gun camos. Prestige 14 (I think).
  • Different colour clan tags. Prestige 13.
  • Access to the Prestige Leaderboards and Prestige playlists.
  • New prestige emblems.

Last edited:
Extra Custom slots are only the reason for me to Prestige.
Only did it a few times in WaW & MW2, if this keeps me hooked then more than likely will keep prestiging.
Am really enjoying it so far and look forward to Prestiging and trying out different guns setups as at the moment I am just using the same perks and weapons. Will spice it up every prestige, not fussed about my stats or K/D.

I wish they would spread things out more evenly... next face paint is unlocked at level 11th prestige.... :rolleyes:

I only use 2 custom classes, a run n gun and a sniper class, thats it so far, so for me I don't see the point in going prestige

The Coloured dot's and fancy reticules for the Red-dot and reflex sights all carried over for me too. I still had to pay to unlock the reflex sight again after prestiging but once I did I had all the colours etc... avaible that I'd brought previously for that scope/gun.

So if player logo's aren't your thing - buy some scopes before prestiging...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom