1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you suggest..?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by 7Makaveli7, Jul 3, 2005.

1. 7Makaveli7

7Makaveli7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I'm converting MP3s to put onto my HD1 and I was just wondering which format is better between the Atrac3 132 Kpbs and the Atrac3+ 64kpbs. Is their a noticeable difference between the two? Or can you not really tell the difference?

If you can't tell the difference I think I'll stick with the Atrac3+ 64kpbs because it is a smaller file.

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Perhaps I shouldn't state the crashingly obvious, but shouldn't you have a listen for yourself? Or is it that you're seeking validation because you can't tell a difference? Because if you can't tell a difference, I'd suggest going for the ATRAC3+ codec.

3. 7Makaveli7

7Makaveli7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did have a listen but the headphones I have right now are terrible, so I couldn't tell. I do plan on getting better headphones, not top of the line ones by any means though... so my guess is that I still wouldn't be able to tell a difference. So I'm basically looking for some confirmation.

4. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Converting one Compressed formatt like MP3 to ATRAC, is going to reduced quailty. SO i would be inclided to either get your player up graded to MP3 Surport. OR much better, use the maxium quality. I think its ATRAC Plus 256.

I'd try not to treat ATRAC and ATRAC plus as being different. 132 Atrac will be better than Atrac Plus 64 Kbps