What would you recommend for 6 uear old boy?

Pauleylad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Got a 360 for my son for Christmas;)
What would you recommend either on disk or Marketplace?
Cheers everyone

Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy as well

Lego star wars by a mile, I cant get my 4 year old off it (i enjoyed it myself too)
Really good as they can play alone or you can both play together co-op, its really easy to pick up and play

yeah viva pinata is a good game for kids ...sonic is too hard.
Viva combines animals with sweets , you have to look after them and look after the garden they live in, there are shops to buy things , make houses for them and scare away bad guys who want to ruin your garden , as the game goes on the garden levels increase and you get more new visitors each level, there are stacks and the little clips of the visitors is great ..it is a good fun game. That is easy to control with tips along the way.
Hope this helps .:)
as above lego star wars is good , lots of good clips ..quite funny and lots of running around shooting everything or light sabering everything..cool for any kid into star wars.

Viva Pinata?

Second vote for Viva Pinata

also

Lego Star Wars II. My young lad is almost 6 and he loves it. We restrict him to 1 hours play on Wednesday and Friday's :eek: Every day after school he's asking if it's game day. :devil:

Cars.

I know it sounds crap but it's ideal for a 6 year old. It has all the characters he probably already knows from the movie, but aside from that as a game it is very child friendly. Basically unlike grown up driving games where a child would drive the car off the track straight away and not be able to get back on, this automatically puts your car back on the track after 3 seconds with barely any delay. Thus making him feel as if he is doing really well.

My 5 year old plays it on her auntie's PS2 and loves it to bits.

By the way, he's a very lucky 6 year old to be getting a 360! :thumbsup:

Great stuff. I'll pencil in Lego SW and Pinata.
Got a live 12 months sub so will download some demo's and see what floats his boat.
Thanks everyone.

Cars.

I know it sounds crap but it's ideal for a 6 year old. It has all the characters he probably already knows from the movie, but aside from that as a game it is very child friendly. Basically unlike grown up driving games where a child would drive the car off the track straight away and not be able to get back on, this automatically puts your car back on the track after 3 seconds with barely any delay. Thus making him feel as if he is doing really well.

My 5 year old plays it on her auntie's PS2 and loves it to bits.

By the way, he's a very lucky 6 year old to be getting a 360! :thumbsup:

He is indeed.:D Gonna have to play my Gears of War and COD 3 a little later in the day!!

Another vote for Viva Pinata and lego star wars 2.
Also my 6 year old nephew loves frogger on XBLA

I can imagine quite a few on the games on XBLA would be good for young children. Not that I have any kids, but Zuma and Uno could be quite good games.

Blackpool Eh, spent many a good time there in the 1980's doing an Arcade crawl from Hearts on Redbank road all the way upto Luckystar, :rolleyes: The good old days. :)

Blackpool Eh, spent many a good time there in the 1980's doing an Arcade crawl from Hearts on Redbank road all the way upto Luckystar, :rolleyes: The good old days. :)

:hiya: Yeah the money I spent down there I could have opened up my own arcade!!

:hiya: Yeah the money I spent down there I could have opened up my own arcade!!

Indeed, theres still a nice little arcade up at the Pleasure Beach, you know the tunnel that runs through the middle? if you are looking at the tunnel from the front, its on the left corner, they have stuff like Paperboy, Operation Wolf, Darius ( with a bust player 1 joystick ), Out Run & loads more, very nice indeed.:clap:

My 7 year old would spend days on Lego Star Wars 2, and the rest of the week on PES6, if we let him. After that, Viva Pinata sounds spot on; he was unimpressed by the Cars demo though. From marketplace, he's quite keen on Marble Madness, but thats about it, the retro games don't seem to impress at all.
Also, Don't forget the old Sonic Mega Collection is backwards compatible.

EDIT - almost forgot Kameo, you can pick that up now for as little as £18 in the Classics range if you shop around

Getting quite a list here. Might need to work over Christmas to pay for it!
Cheers everyone

My vote is for Kameo. My 5 year old loves it. We are nearly through it but have still got 'Thermite' to collect.
Quite easy and the graphics are very good. I think Viva Pinata will be next.

Looks like another great game from the 'Rare' developers.

My vote is for Kameo. My 5 year old loves it. We are nearly through it but have still got 'Thermite' to collect.
Quite easy and the graphics are very good. I think Viva Pinata will be next.

Looks like another great game from the 'Rare' developers.

I was going to suggest Gears of War and Saints Row.

Then I realised that would be childish and irresponsible :nono:

I was going to suggest Gears of War and Saints Row.

Then I realised that would be childish and irresponsible :nono:

I must be a bad parent my six year old loves GOW thinks its a blast,

and my 4 year old loves watching me play WOW on the PC he loves watching the those 40 man raids.

I'd forgotten about Kameo, he should love that, and the good news is you can pick it up really cheap now as well :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom