Quantcast

what would you recomend - Tannoy FX5.1 , mission m7's or Mordaunt-Short Premiere Plus

G

Gatekeeper

hi what speaker package do you recomend to go with :-
denon 3801 amp
room size 12 *16ft
dvd 50%-music 50%

Flashman

Novice Member
I have the Mission M70 Cinema pack (now discontinued) which has been replaced by the 7 series. I am very pleased with my setup, sounds good with music/tv/dvd's etc, even with my relatively budget amp.

hemp3

Novice Member
I have listened to the ms package and while good for a small room wouldnt do justice to your amp more a pairing with the 16xx or 188xx. In you room and for stereo go for some fullr ange standmounters or floorstanders as any sub sat package no matter how goo will still leave that mid-bass hole.

rozzar

Mordaunt Short Premiere Plus. A definite. The subs on the Tannoy and Mission packages let them down woefully

G

Gatekeeper

so are we saying that the premiere plus is worth the extra £100 price tag

hemp3

Novice Member
the sub on the ms old ones was ropey I have not heard the plus system if you want compact speakers look at some kef eggs or the b&w vm-1. If youre budget and size is limited the MS package may be the best off the ones mentioned.

Dfour

The permiere plus system in cherry is only £309 here:
http://www.petertyson.co.uk/

Good system, superb sub but prob not bigenough to really fill your room. Use the 302's as surrounds and buy 904/906/908's as your front speakers. :smashin: Instant 7 speaker system that is totally tonally the same and looks fantastic :thumbsup:

tom_nieto

Standard Member
I have the spec as in my signature and it sounds really nice to my ears. I would go with the m7 series, as they're discontinued you can probably pick them up really cheaply now. I think I'm going to use my new found income to buy a nice new pair of front speakers (probably something of a mission flavour) and use the m72s that I have atm as rears.