• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What would you prefer developers used as rewards in their games?

• Exclusive out game content like avatars, themes, pics and movies etc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 65413

TBH, none of the above. I want to play the games for their merits as games, not as a reward to a gamerscore etc.

I sucked into the 360 achievments and now really dislike it, it cheapens the game experience in my opinion. Its an incentive, but can be an incentive to play something you arent even enjoying.

TBH, none of the above. I want to play the games for their merits as games, not as a reward to a gamerscore etc.

I sucked into the 360 achievments and now really dislike it, it cheapens the game experience in my opinion. Its an incentive, but can be an incentive to play something you arent even enjoying.

So are you saying you wouldnt like the idea of when you complete Mario Galaxy you get to play as Luigi or Yoshi. I know I would.

Ok after 2.5 hours the total results are:

1st Place = In game rewards with 50%

2nd Place = Acheivement Points with 36%

3rd Place = Out of game extras with 14%

D

Deleted member 65413

So are you saying you wouldnt like the idea of when you complete Mario Galaxy you get to play as Luigi or Yoshi. I know I would.

Im all up for bonuses when you complete a game, i just dont want gamerpoints and dont necessarily think you need to be rewarded in a game.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I can't see why it should need to be one or the other of those options you mentioned.

It's doubtful we'll see achievements within Wii games(unless something like an achievement/reward channel comes along) but I would like to see it happen, perhaps as someone here once suggested where friends can share their Mii in-game stats & rewards.

Nintendo have always been into unlocking characters/levels in their games so I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty more of this as usual. TBH though in alot of the game where multiplayer is the strongest part of the game over single player, I would prefer the option to unlock everything at the beginning. I'm talking about games such as Super Swing Golf where I'm not interested in single player but want all of the courses etc. open for when I play my friends multiplayer.

I don't think your third option would be a likely possibility due to the fact I think Nintendo would save those sort of extras for stars trade-in on their website.

I can't see why it should need to be one or the other of those options you mentioned.

It's doubtful we'll see achievements within Wii games(unless something like an achievement/reward channel comes along) but I would like to see it happen, perhaps as someone here once suggested where friends can share their Mii in-game stats & rewards.

Nintendo have always been into unlocking characters/levels in their games so I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty more of this as usual. TBH though in alot of the game where multiplayer is the strongest part of the game over single player, I would prefer the option to unlock everything at the beginning. I'm talking about games such as Super Swing Golf where I'm not interested in single player but want all of the courses etc. open for when I play my friends multiplayer.

I don't think your third option would be a likely possibility due to the fact I think Nintendo would save those sort of extras for stars trade-in on their website.

But out of game points could mean things like complete Mario Galaxy and get Mario 64 for free or complete Twilight Princess and get Ocarina for free.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
But out of game points could mean things like complete Mario Galaxy and get Mario 64 for free or complete Twilight Princess and get Ocarina for free.

Obviously that would be fantastic, although in all honesty I think the chance of that happening would probably be something like 0.1%, Nintendo would obviously prefer to sell their games on the shopping channel than give them away needlessly.

Unlockables aswell a something similar to Live Achievements would be what I'd like, can't see any reason what so ever why we should only have one and not the other.

Ok at 3:30 the total results are:

1st Place = In game rewards with 58.56%

2nd Place = Acheivement Points with 29.73%

3rd Place = Out of game extras with 11.71%

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom