1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see XBox 360 offer PES5?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Bristol Pete, May 15, 2005.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Hey,

We all know that PES is the greatest game ever made and it leaves most other games unemployed but I got wondering what PES5 may be like.

Especially as it could be on 360, PS3 et al.

What are your thoughts and ideally, what would you like?!??!

I for one would like to the the boot graphics improved! :thumbsup:

Pete.

2. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    that frikkin music to stay off when i set it off and not return everytime i boot the game up aaarrrrgggghhhh:mad:

my players not passing to a teammate whos on the deck:eek:

and the fixtures to sort them selves out so i dont play a team in the cup then straight away again in the next league game :lesson:

when the ball hits the bar or the post MAKE A SOUND PLEASE!

andy gray and martin tyler doing a SPOT-ON commentary (please)

a different league system in the master league,more teams and more leagues ie you start off in div 4 and work your way up,play offs small cups etc.more like real life.

other than that,not a lot really.better graphics and sound are a given on a more powerful machine.online could be improved a lot,lets be honest it is pants.4v4 should now be possible.

cant think of anything else as im too tired.:boring:

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    for XBOX 360/PS3 - pro evo should meet Fifa 06 in a dark alley - beat the crap out of it and nick all its licenses :D it should then get "candid pictures" of FIFA 06 in bed with a fat ginger bearded american so it will never get them back.

gary

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    :rotfl:

id like to see/hear better commentary and decent goalkeeper AI, oh and consistant ref decisions(if thats in anyway possible) oh not to forget a proper 'Live' service.

better graphics i think goes without saying on a more powerful console.

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    Yes the main thing for me would be a better Live service with online leagues, cups, no lag, cheat prevention and a ranking system based on ratio's so that good players (not just those who play it 24/7) can rise to the top!

Better refs and further AI improvements to minimise those annoying passing to the wrong player senarios etc would also be good.

I'm not really a fan of commentary and would prefer better crowd and other sound effects to that to be honest.

Naturally better graphics with more detail, realism, animation frames and general smoothness would be superb.

:clap: :clap:

6. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    existant goalkeeper ai, which completely ruins some games for me.

Decent graphics, as they are **** poor.

Proper commentary not from a lisping drongo, like that last dude.

7. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83

harry knowles?

8. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: thats a very scary thought :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Gary

9. Nebby

Nebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Seriously though...

How about the odd dodgy decision by the linesmen or referee - now that would certainly add something. Imagine the ranting you'll get in your headset when having conceeded a genuine 30 yard screamer from Terry Henry, it gets ruled out by a dodgy offside decision...

The ability to take a dive in the box (or elsewher)...complete with the risk of bookings for simulation.

The ability to take the keeper out in a 50-50...

10. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    With X-Box 360 they are bringing in Live spectator mode so how about a real life person being the referee? OK you could get some clowns that would really spoil games but if it was a respected ref or someone you knew then that would be superb! :clap:

11. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    That happens on Pro Evo 4 !!!!

12. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    definitely a licensed Premiership league. Imperative that they try and move that one along.
    Crisper grahics (given I suppose)
    Definitely a top notch commentary (I agree Andy Gray and Martin Tyler).
    Friendlier and more impressive set up options.
    Decent Live options (like FIFA)
    :lease:

13. Jizzbot

Jizzbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like the idea of introducing football politics into the game. like sponsorhip deals that are dependant on results and success. agents that are always muddying up the information you hear on certain players. at the moment isn't everybody a tapper? i think the new consoles should open a whole new world; with the sheer amount of power available i'd really like to see players with personalities, and oo's of pre loaded newspaper headlines that report on the latest match or the latest player going ons, and how that effetcs their success. as much as i like having the power to run over the club, i also want obstacles outside of ending with a negative, failing to pay the salary so forth. i want to hear of agents trying to tap up my players, i wanna be unsure if i can hold onto all my own payers, i want to be able to attract the biggest sponsors, i don't want it to all feel so controlled. if i've discovered and developed a new player i want him to attract attention from big powerful clubs with biggers sponsors and so forth, andd yet still i wanna battle for his siganture. it'd be cool if the scouting network would scan the different continents individually and report back on what they find. those are things tat probably won't happen tho...

on a more realistic note; the commentary! jesus...what the hell? peter brackley is always telling me i'm in a relegation battle when i'm not (and when i am in one he's congragulating me on my league success). he's also always reminding me to be greatful for trevor's 'brilliant anaylsis and thoughts'. the most brilliant thing tervor ever said was 'the level of football i've seen lately has been very pleasing'...what? when did sparse comments that could be used to describe anything become brilliant? how much do they pay peter and trevor to say this ****? my guess is that trevor gets all the royalties and peter is given a cupboard to sleep in so he's ready for the next pro evo game.. anyway, such commentary has forced me into habit, i constantly find myself changing the commentary language for an authenticity i can't understand (the french guy sometimes holds the note 'goal' for a long, long time). it's got the point where if i beat lyon with the french commentary i almost genuinally believe i'vce raided that country of it's preserves. such thinking....is silly, or so im told.

so yep, the commentary needs to be sorted out sharpish. i would avoid established guys like tyler and gray, tho i do like them in 'real life'. why is fifa's commentary so much better? why does it make it sense? it's only mccoist and motson (oh oh...). find some 'passionate' guys that voices work together tie them up and force feed them sentence after sentence, word after word till they rewrite the pro evo 5 coding themsleves thus saving us all. perhaps. there have always been problems with pro evo's commentary which i can trace back to ISS deluxe, it would feel strange making sense even if it was for the best. the other thing that annoys me is that there always seems to be a bias towards italian and spanish players. why is montella better than rooney? why is totti better than my dad? why is my dad better than me? just because quinton fortune is younger, fitter and plays for manchester united does mean he is better than lee chun soo, one of the mst skilled player i have ever seen in the game (the real game, not the computer one).

it'd also be cool to see pre rendered real men introduce your matches and sit in a studio briefly discussing what they've seen and what they expect, all the things real men apparently do.

but first...the commentary. someone should fill up peter brackelys cupboard/sleeping chamber with towels and then hopefully his disjointed commentating days will be over.

14. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    More than anything, i'd liek to see them really think about the online community. Instead of leaving it to individuals to set up cups, they should all be integral in the game. A kind of FA cup open to everyone would be great!! You could have loads of qualifying groups so that eventually the competition is whittled down into a high standard competition! Games (in the competition proper) should all be watchable live so that people can sit and admire the skills of the best players in the world.

Basically this would be similar to the Gotham TV thing that they are going for PGR3.

You'd probably get a massive audience watching the final and the best players would actually attract a following of support! :smashin:

15. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    MS have written a whole load of new 'minimum requirements' for 360 titles. There's the obvious ones that they talk about, like 720p, Live awareness etc, but I'd hope that leagues and cup competitions would be on there too for online sports titles. Its not that hard to code surely?

Mind you, I'd just settle for decent Live implementation - no "Reply not received" messages, 2v2 games, proper ranking tables, fair lag (ie. happens to both players), better OptiMatching.

And a PE5-TV option would be a definite winner, if you ask me. I don't know if it would be possible, but imagine being able to spectate at the final of the AVForums cup in a chat room with 16 other people in that had all participated in the cup earlier - would be fantastic IMHO.

16. Jizzbot

Jizzbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ooh and intergrate international cups into an off season, you're given a choice play them or not. players stock would rise with their peformances, new stars would be found and legends may find themselves becoming replaced

17. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Unfortunately, Konami have previously stated that PES 5 will be for current generation and the first nextgen PES will be number 6.

18. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    That's been done in the UEFA champions league 2004-2005 game and it works brilliantly. If you want to see how refereeing should be done in a computer football game, then check it out. It can work the other way too, where you are offside and the goal stands. Doesn't happen either way very often, but just enough to feel right.

The refs also don't stop the game so much, playing advantages properly and not blowing every time you touch your opposing player.

19. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Better graphics and sound. Better AI for all players, (not just the terrible goalkeepeer ai). The game in widescreen as it should have been this gen. Widescreen = more of the pitch at a given viewing distance. If FIFA can do it why not PES!?1280 by 720p60 min spec. No slowdown this time.

20. davenewt

davenewt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl: :D :rotfl:

Dave.

21. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Just thought about something I would like to see in future incarnations.

You know when you shoot from distance and the ball just flashes wide – but they show you the replay in slow mo, I would like to see the camera pan around, face the goal and then go really slow, showing a measurement of how close the shot was…..sometimes you cannot judge how close you were from the replay angle.

You could of course skip it if it bored you!

Pete.

22. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    There are two auto replays & also one where you can adjust it yourself and view from every angle, different zoom lengths and replay speeds. You can even pause it to see exactly how far wide you were and view from multiple view points (including from each player on the pitch).

23. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Sure, however, I am talking about the quick in game replays, when you miss by a whisker. If you are quick you can pause it and look again...

24. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    Ah yes, I guess you can pause it but like you say, you have to be quick on the button.