What would you like in the next Panasonic DMP BD 35/55 firmware upgrade?

H

hebra78

Personally I'd like it if Panasonic opened the player for DivX and mp3 playback from the SD-card.

I'd also like the screen saver to show what track and artist is beeing played when I play mp3s.

Any other suggestions?

I have written to Panasonic support, and they claim that they may implement changes via firmware if enough people request them.

Let's tell them what we'd like! :thumbsup:

As the replacements for the 35/55 have already been announced, unless an update was required to fix a 'known problem' then any new 'features' will be saved for the new model I'm afraid.

But, maybe, could be compatible with older machines.

Older machines at this (cheaper) end of the market are not supported by manufacturers generally in terms of adding new features once new models are available.

New firmware on older machines does not make a profit for the manufacturers, selling you the new model does.

Well, the exact same firmware used for the BD35/55 is also being used on the older and discontinued BD30 so we may well be catered for :thumbsup:

Well, the exact same firmware used for the BD35/55 is also being used on the older and discontinued BD30 so we may well be catered for :thumbsup:

Are you 100% on this? It may be similar but I don't think it is the same. How does the DPMBD30 handle the part of the code relating to the BD Live (Profile 2) features?

Are you 100% on this? It may be similar but I don't think it is the same. How does the DPMBD30 handle the part of the code relating to the BD Live (Profile 2) features?

Many manafacturers use a unified firmware for all their players. Certain models will just not utilise certain parts of it.

Many manafacturers use a unified firmware for all their players. Certain models will just not utilise certain parts of it.

This is a valid point. I will check at work tomorrow (Panasonic service centre) for a definitive answer.

What I do know for sure, is that at this end of the market, manufacturers actively look to build obsolescence into their equipment. They make their profits from manufacturing hardware rather than writing software. Harsh but true.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom