Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 4 5.4%

Votes: 14 18.9%

Votes: 34 45.9%

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be ten, best game I have played in a very long time and definately the best on the 360. Massive satisfaction when you take down a Big Daddy, great innovation on the weaponry, very atmospheric and a top story line to boot.

The last games that were anywhere near this good were Zelda Twilight Princess and God of War 2 but it is better than either of them. What a few months coming up too with Metroid Prime already raking in top quality reviews, Heavenly Sword looking great for God of War fans and a real next gen Pro Evo :thumbsup:

If you are looking for a downside for most people then it would be the 8-20 hour playtime. Personally I am made up with this though as it means I might finish my first game in years :)

I gave it a nine based on the single player experience and stability (it's not without bugs). The complete lack of any multiplayer is a shame. It could have been awesome in multiplayer.

I gave it an 8. Its a good game but I've played a lot better. It's not as amazing as some people think it is. Its def not worth the 10/10 club badge like games like Zelda OoT, Half Life, Goldeneye, Halo and MGS.

Most engaging story I've played since Deus-Ex - a fantastic game and a real kick up the backside for the single-player campaign.

Atmospheric, challenging, rewarding; it's all here. Game of the year so far and a 10 from me :smashin:

I gave it an 8. Its a good game but I've played a lot better. It's not as amazing as some people think it is. Its def not worth the 10/10 club badge like games like Zelda OoT, Half Life, Goldeneye, Halo and MGS.

You would seriously have given Halo 10/10????

Personally not played it through yet so I'd say its a 9.

Has everyone finished it already? :eek: If not, how can you vote! :lesson: (No, seriously, it's still a bit early isn't it?)

Edge did, and they gave Bioshock a 8! It's an interesting review tbh and worth a read about some of BioShock's flaws.

Not me Munkey - but the end is in sight; I draw parallels between games like this to a good book, just got to keep turning the page... :D

Based on what I've played so far I'd give it a 9.

I may rethink that once I've completed it though. At the moment I'm only at the Dentist again. I did get as far as the Farmers Market but decided to restart so I could spend more time collecting and exploring.

I'd give it a 10 now but I dont think it's fair since I havent completed it... it could get boring later on or end up being too difficult or too short. Although I really doubt that it will be anything less than amazing from start to finish.

It's certainly up there with Half Life as one of the best games I've ever played.

10/10 from me, game of the year so far, until Mass effect arives ;)
Multiplay doesn't interest me so that wasn't a problem for me.

:thumbsup:

Personally not played it through yet so I'd say its a 9.

Halo was the reason I got into the XBOX scene. I'd def give it 10/10. I'm more excited about Halo 3 than Bioshock.

I would also agree that 8 is about fair. Having recently replayed System Shock 2 i would say that it is a more enjoyable game with a much better story even if it does look a bit crap now.

I can see why people will give it 10/10 but TBH i don't think much has been changed from SS2, which is an 8 year old game, except for the pretty graphics.

Still i have very much enjoyed playing it.

I would also agree that 8 is about fair. Having recently replayed System Shock 2 i would say that it is a more enjoyable game with a much better story even if it does look a bit crap now.

I can see why people will give it 10/10 but TBH i don't think much has been changed from SS2, which is an 8 year old game, except for the pretty graphics.

Still i have very much enjoyed playing it.

I could give a list of all the things i didnt like about it but it might annoy a few people.

I'm taking my time with this one, on normal difficulty. Really enjoying it so far (solid 9) and I'm guessing I'm about half way through.

Surely anyone zooming through the game in < 10 hours is either playing it on easy or not bothering to explore, etc?

I've given it an 8.

No multiplayer is dissapointing but its one of the best single player games I've played in a while and certainly has some replay value.

Don't really see what's so new about "Plasmids" - when I first started playing I felt like was back in Oblivion casting spells.

Not too keen on the way you can regenerate and your enemies still have the same health as when you left them, having the skill to kill big daddies in one sitting is much more satisfactory.

Very atmospheric, the graphics do have a couple of glitches but on the whole pretty good and the level of lighting is great.

Great game, but not a truly great game to earn it any higher than a 8.

Surely anyone zooming through the game in < 10 hours is either playing it on easy or not bothering to explore, etc?

Agree, I've been trying to get into every nook & crannie to keep my ammo topped up and find the diaries.

8, it has no multiplayer....:(

Apart from that it is a very good game

one---- as it allmost gave me a seizure:mad: havnt had the balls to play it since

8/10 here. A good involving story, very atmospheric and wonderful sound/music. Not hugely impressed by the variety of baddies or the guns. Texture pop-in became noticeable, and annoying, toward the end too.

8 out of 10. A welcome re-fresh to the usual PFS. No mulitplayer doesn't bother me but it still doesn't top Gears of war. Gears really was Genre defying

I think no multiplayer is a huge negative as I wont play this game again for a while or maybe never again. I can't help thinking how much fun it would be to use plasmids on my friends in multiplayer.

I'm nine, the only game I can think of that would get a 10 is the first half life, (game and huuuuuuuuuge multi player games too) or possibly RE4, so it has to be VERY special to get a 10.
No multiplayer isn't a great deal to me. Would be great to have it, and might well push it to a 10, but without it, it's still a very impressive game. Very original story line, great graphics, very involving and thoughtful. Not as original as some seem to think though.

one---- as it allmost gave me a seizure:mad: havnt had the balls to play it since

same here but i gave it a 7 or 8 cant remember since the game is good but im to scared to play even though when i do play im not scared (strange) and i do get a lot of satisfaction about just owning the game in a limited edition box.
Looks like its one to play when my mates are round and then i can show off and pretend its the least scariest game ever.

Let down slightly by the respawning when killed.

Other than that, one of the best games I've played in a long time, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom