• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What would you do?!?

iluvkowz

Standard Member
I have been given an option of the Mitsubishi HC6800 or the Mits HC7000

the price point is $1000 different.

Im not necesarily on a tight budget for the media room.
I already have the reciever, front left and right speakers, making a decent media room a real option for not a crazy amount

if you want some of the basics on the projectors here it is
Compare Projectors

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forums. :thumbsup:

I'd suggest buying neither of them and have a look at the JVC HD250/350 or even the new RS40. You'll thank me for it if you value dark scene performance.;)

iluvkowz

Standard Member
Kelvin-

Ill look into those. I watch a LOT of football, and not as many movies.

So JVC is where its at?

Im working w/ a dealer, and he has great deals on Mitsubishi

weyland-yutani

if it's sport you mainly watch then super rich black detail isn't exactly vital.

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
I don't watch any sport, so can't really comment, though I think Weyland makes a good point. If it's for football, then any old projector will do. ;):devil:

Seriously it might be that a projector with better motion or even with frame creation modes might be more suitable (just please don't use it on films as it makes them look like video). Not too up with the Epson models, but I do believe they have some frame creation options as does the Panasonic AE4000 (though it's quite dim in accurate modes, if you can live with less accurate/wider gamut Normal mode it may well do what you want).

As always, you need to demo. One mans meat and all that...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom