1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do?...Sharp LC-37P50E vs Panasonic TX32LXD52

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DaveAnderson, Oct 17, 2005.

1. DaveAnderson

DaveAnderson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some of you will know I ordered the Panny 500, only to have my order cancelled twice due to lack of stock :mad:

So off I toddled to JL to get a price match, but that's proving more trouble than its worth.

Browsing the forum recently, I came across the post for the Sharp. My main use will only be SD, Freeview and DVDs. I have no intention of getting sky.

I thought I had decided on the Panny 52. But is it the right lcd for me? Will I see a massive difference between dvds @ 720 and dvds at the Sharp's native resolution? Plus what about future saleability...everyone will want a (true well truer!) HD ready panel

help...tearing whats left of my hair out :)

Dave

Dave

2. dakara

dakara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave,
    I watch just about the same things as you. No SKY for me.
    I have had a Sharp 37P50 for almost a week,and am completely happy with it . Very simple to set up, and gives a great picture on regular programmes and DVD's.
    I don't think that you will regret getting one of these at all. One thing, get the 37", for if you get the smaller version, and then see a 37 elsewhere, you may be sorry.
    Best of luck, Dakara

3. DaveAnderson

DaveAnderson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone comment on the pq of the Sharp LC-37GA6E. I presume, going away from the native resolution of the Sharp 37P50 leads you into the same issues with freeview as all other lcds?

Dave

4. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am flirting with a Sharp LCD as well, its a throw up between the 26" and 32" versions as any bigger would just elaborate the flaws with LCDs and poor sources (sky). I am not going to commit until i see the set in the flesh and carry out a few tests.

5. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    The point of this series is that they do a better job with the likes of Sky than the HD Ready LCDs out there. I've got the 37" and it's perfectly OK. Like you say you need to see it for yourself. Incidentally, what happened with your Panasonic PV500 plasma?

6. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well if it does a good job with Sky then HD content scaled is gona look pretty damn good, at least better than DVD so i look forward to seeing it in the flesh although it would take something well above average to make me part with my cash! I found the 32 inch model for £750 which is an amazing price.

I sold the pv500 to a nice bloke called irishguy, i give him a demo of the set and pointed out the panasonic quirks that are well known now and he was still impressed enough to buy and i can't blame him because overall its a great set but i prefer to see what else is out there after 3-4 months with plasma. Still not convinced with LCD as i would like a tv with a zero dead pixel policy but i don't fancy my chances of that but i could be tempted to take a risk and this Sharp could be the one. So your description of the Tv would be OK? Have u tested Xbox 480p or the likes and if so what were your impressions?

7. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Although I own an Xbox I'm not that much of a gamer to have it modded to output 480p. I'll see what it's like with the Xbox360 when it comes out but to be honest I use the LCD mainly as a TV.

8. knobbs

knobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have the 26 in sharp lcd pe50, after mucking about with the settings its the best pic ive seen.
    sky is great, and i aint got it on rgb, as my plasma takes the rgb feed from the sky box, need one of those connector things.