1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you choose?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Brad_Porter, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guy's

Out of interest (no - I am not buying - cant afford the £1,700!!) what do you think constitutes a 'better' system in terms of 1) sound and 2) outright muscle. All in regards to 5.1 only. I know that each set-up can do 7.1.

1. A Denon 3802 controlling the 2 back speakers and sub out with an Arcam P-25 Power Amp for front three or

2. A Denon A11SR that controls the whole system.

I am arguing the pre/power against the THX certified integrated...

Any comments would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Brad

2. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Purely from a processing perspective I would say that the A11SR would have the edge due to its twin SHARC processors against the single chip used in the 3802. In theory this should endow the A11SR with better decoding abilities.

Now of course with the new 3803, this is using a more up to date processor, but how good are the onboard amps?

To be brutally honest, I would suggest you gets dems of the two setups and see which you prefer. I would also see if you can get a dem of the new 3803. Longer term I would recommend the pre/power route because of the flexibility that this can give you.

3. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Anthony - appreciated.