What would YOU choose?

T

Tejpal

Im in a dilemma,

I need a budget dvd player, and I have come to the conclusion of either buying the :-

Pioneer DV-454
or
Sony DVP-705

I have a budget of £200* (*MAX)

What would you choose if you were offered one of the two ?

It will be used to CD music as well as dvds...

(if no one has used the DVP-705, please comment on you DVP-700s)

BTW is there anything other DVD player I should Seriously consider?

S

sconepanman

How about a Toshiba SD420 for around £160? It has a built in DD decoder and component video out (good if you get a component tele). It is a cracking player and 1 step up from the fantastic SD220. If you don't need DD then the 220 is basically the same.

michaelab

I would choose the Pioneer. Never been a fan of Sony products apart from portables and TVs. I also just bought a Pioneer DV-350 (for €200, roughly £130) so I had something whilst my Philips DVDR-890 is being repaired and it's a cracking machine so I would imagine that the higher spec 454 would be even better.

Michael.

S

sconepanman

I agree. I have lost faith in Sony over the last couple of years. Their products are just not as exciting as the competition. If its a choice betwixt the two, go for the Pioneer.

buns

Banned
I havent seen either of those players..... but i do tend to favour pioneer. Sony's stuff seems to cost as much for the name as it does the performance..... well thats my view.

ad

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom