What would you change or upgrade- powerbar?

Reaction score
My system is listed in my signature below and wonder what you think I should do next as an upgrade, when I come round to it.

I went with all cyrus and am happy with the power amps (not being the highest spec x300 signatures), my x200 sigs more than suit the pmc 25-23s. I don't want to change from cyrus but next upgrade might be up to £500, possibly up to £1k. I'm not into decks as too much into digital sources.

I'm thinking about maybe changing power cables over current bog standard cyrus leads but am reluctant with that as I've heard some say they make no difference to sound quality, others that do. I doubt I'd get much though.

I maybe might change my cyrus psx-r for a psx-r2 power supply feeding my cyrus dac xp signature. Upgrade is relatively cheap - only £300. My cables are all good but I may get some improvements with either a power regenerator or a power bar, something like the isotech sirius or maybe the solus (power seperate)

My electrical engineer friend tells me the uk supply is mainly very stable but I live in a new build flat so others mains might be affecting my supply. I see some isotek units prevent cross contamination from one hi fi component to the other by individualy isolated sockets, where you have a bog standard power bar from b and q etc this doesn't happen - it all connected in series, so the power amp can affect the source component etc. I suspect this may be the benefit over any function of rfi screening of a powerbar but I may be wrong. I borrowed a £500 music works reflex lite block from audio t and it made dam all difference, but I'm hearing some say isotek products do make a good difference. I use a £40 Tacima mains block from richer sounds at present. With these expensive blocks there isn't much in them for the money, so maybe do nothing on this?. Has anyone heard good diffs with these.

ReFlex ‘Lite’ IEC Power Distribution Block

EVO3 Sirius - IsoTek Systems

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom