1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you buy

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Biffadaly, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Biffadaly

Biffadaly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello guys and gals :hiya:

I'm in the market for a new TV, I have managed to get to a choice of two but would like a little input from you enlightened folks on here. It's either going to be a Toshiba 46WM48P DLP or the Hitachi 42PD5200H plasma.

The Hitachi can be had for about £1320 and the Toshiba for about £1300 so the price isn't really a factor. What I want is the most bang for my bucks, the best all rounder out of the two. I will mostly be watching Sky digital and DVD's via my Panasonic SCHT870 when the mood takes me, and maybe a bit of gaming.

Any input at all will be most welcome.

Biffa :thumbsup:

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I certainly wouldnt buy what you chose, but if you post why you chose those TVs someone might advise you.

Nigel

3. Biffadaly

Biffadaly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have chosen these two TV's because they fit into my budget, and the wife won't spend any more on a TV :( these seem to me like the best two options for the money, just wondered what others thought.

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

But WHY, I earn a £12,000, and would not think of spending this sort of money.
    It may be a very nice TV, but mine is 28", and that is too big, a least that is what the wife says, :)

Nigel

5. Biffadaly

Biffadaly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why ? Because I want a Big TV and I'd like to get one while we have the money, and before she changes her mind ;)

6. 5lab

5lab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'd take a good look at something like a toshiba 36zp48. sure - its not a plasma, but the quality will be leagues ahead of what you're looking at, the size is smaller, but you'd have £500ish left over to buy a decent surround setup..