What would of liked to of seen in the iPhone 4 and iOS4 that has been missed out?

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
What would you of like to of seen in the new iPhone 4 and iOS4 that has been missed out?

iPhone 4

- I would of liked a bigger on-board memory option say a 64gb version.

- An option for an sd card slot would of also been nice but I doubt Apple would ever do this.

- Slightly bigger screen would of been welcomed.

iOS4

- One button to shut down of all my apps which are running in the back ground.

For me the only thing missing is Bluetooth. I know it has bluetooth and you can connect to headsets and such, but I'd like to swap photos with friends.

I understand they don't want you sending songs you've downloaded from itunes over to someone else but surely they can just put a lock on those.

It's only that, the camera and the battery life I dislike about the 3G. I know all besides the camera can be sorted with a jailbreak, but I think for the price, you shouldn't have to jailbreak your phone for it to see its full potential.

Still, all things aside I can't wait to get one lol.

AVRCP via Bluetooth is the biggest thing for me.

I agree about the ability to shut down all running apps at once though, that's a very good shout.

And I was hoping for a 64GB option for the iP4 too.

Software wise, an improved notification system would be handy. Hopefully that will come soon, now Apple have poached the Palm guy who created the WebOS UI and notification system.

the songs are already locked to your account. Bluetooth photo sharing? Yes, that is an oversight, and cant be that hard to implement.
Expandable Memory? Yup, this would be nice to see. They do an SD card reader for the ipad that plugs into the port, maybe this is a possibility on the iphone for transferring phots etc?

This:-

Apple iPad Camera Connector Adds SD Reader | Notebooks.com

It seems this is a one way transfer (from card to ipad) but im sure making it 2 way would be useful :thumbsup:

flash player...

Defo a bigger screen like the HTC desire!
Calendar alerts on the lock screen (like lockinfo for jailbroken phones)

Notification system definately needs upgrading, currently if you've received 10 notifications the first 9 went straight in the bin.

This is something Apple really need to sort out

Why? Most sites are moving to HTML5 anyway, which apple support. Flash will never come to iphone...its been discussed to death. Would be good if it did, but it wont...

just use the BUMP! app to share photos by bluetooth

Three of us sat in a room with out iphones trying to get this to work, it didn't even connect let alone let us share photos. Most pointless app ever. And even if it worked, what if I want to get a photo of someone who doesn't have an iphone?

custom sms tones would be good too.

Just a slightly bigger screen size would have been nice but not really a deal breaker.

Oddly screen size isn't that important to me now, having bought an iPad. I don't see myself loading the iP4 with any video or doing loads of web browsing on it, it will be for occasional web browsing for convenience when out and about. iPad for the rest and when travelling and Macbook for everything else.

I have a feeling that as soon as I get this phone it will lead me into wanting an ipad. This will be my first iphone so cant wait to have it my hands so only time will tell.

Most of my wants fit into the "not going to happen" catagory.

Physical keyboard- Touchscreen might be the future, but I have fat fingers and the iPhone virtual keyboard is far from the best input method I've come across for my hands.

"Proper" video calling, I'd hoped that rather than develop their own, closed, only usable at wifi hotspots platform, that they'd just improved upon the video calling that we've had for what, nearly 10 years now? I'd like to see them opening up the existing standard so that networks would start to offer decent deals for video calling again and more people would take it up, "Facetime" is an alright compromise for now, though, and with iPhones being common as muck there should be no shortage of people to call with it before long, even if cross-platform compatability has been denied..

Icons that don't snap to the uppermost free slot on the homescreen, if I want a screen with 6 apps on it, three at the top, one blank line, then three more, why shouldn't I be allowed to do it, will it upset my "user experience" that much?

Other than that iOS4 has solved some of my major moans about the iPhone OS, Wallpapers, Folders and Multitasking (albeit not "proper" multitasking- it's a good compromise and I like the approach they've taken.) Interestingly enough these three were all things other phones (even my BB) has had for years and years, but the die-hard apple fanbase insisted there was no need for. I'd say they were definitely needed and the small things like folders make the world of difference. :smashin:

Fm radio and user sms tone for me, oh and proper bluetooth

Text message delivery/read confirmation...

Bluetooth file transfer to any phone, even if its just limited to emails, docs and photos. The big gripe is the ability to close down more than one app at a time or even decide to close it permanently when u exit an app.

Things that have been sorted with iphone 4 are hopefully the **** poor camera and the browsing speed if using safari. Cant wait for HD Video recording as well.

You mentioned most of mine:

Flash
Better battery
Marginally bigger screen
More memory, like you say 64gb probably.
Better camera flash

The camera itself I am fine with this time. But those are my personal gripes.

What would you of like to of seen in the new iPhone 4 and iOS4 that has been missed out?

iPhone 4

- I would of liked a bigger on-board memory option say a 64gb version.

- An option for an sd card slot would of also been nice but I doubt Apple would ever do this.

- Slightly bigger screen would of been welcomed.

iOS4
- One button to shut down of all my apps which are running in the back ground.
A grammar checker would benefit lots've people! ;)

Oddly screen size isn't that important to me now, having bought an iPad. I don't see myself loading the iP4 with any video or doing loads of web browsing on it, it will be for occasional web browsing for convenience when out and about. iPad for the rest and when travelling and Macbook for everything else.

^^ this ^^ :smashin:

I would like Apple to include just one app.... SBSettings... this is one reason I have to Jailbreak my phone....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom