• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What Would My NV-GS400 Be Worth?

PhilfyPhil

Hi Guys,

Apologies for such a lame first post. I have registered here with view to joining the photography forum. I want to upgrade my 40D and am wondering what you think my absolutely as new, and hardly used Panasonic NV-GS400 would be worth? Is it worth me selling to raise some cash to get the new Canon 7D? If it is worth much I will advertise it in the for sale section, but I need to know if it's worth my while selling it?:) I have to stress it would be worth the very maximum possible as it really is as new and has hardly been used, with box and all accessories.

Last edited:

senu

Distinguished Member
It was between £700- 1000 new but the popularity of MiniDV camcorders has waned considerably
Especially SD
I know it was a really good one back in the day and is probably still capable of shining but realistically I would be pleasantly surprised if you got more than £250- 300 for it, £350 at a stretch
Saying that Im sure it would go.

I would happily buy one for that price but I would probably be happier to spend a little more on an HDV model , inpart because it is Hi def, and I have a collection of MiniDv tapes with HDV footage which it cannot play back

You can certainly take the view that if it is worth more than that to you and you cannot sell it. keep it for now, get your 7D, and if that ones video is allyou need, sellif and use it to fund a nice lens
If not, be realistic about how much you can get for it despite it being in real terms, nearly new.

PS :As an aside I have the 40D too and will buy a 7D , maybe in the next month or 3 but truth be told I really have no problems with the 40D at all.Excellent Camera , especially with a decent lens like the 17-55 or 50mm 1.4
I have a 30D I might sell with a 17- 85 mm but Im also unsure what it would get me

Last edited:

MarkE19

Well there is a GS400 on eBay Here currently at just over £200 with 3 days left, and that also include 2 additional batteries, case and tapes. I would therefore expect it to go for around £250 or so as senu suggested.

Mark.

PhilfyPhil

That's really helpful, thanks and I will keep my eye on that.:thumbsup:

PhilfyPhil

Up to £345 with 4 hours to go!:)

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom