1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what wireless you got?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Hunterm8, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Hunterm8

Hunterm8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i am going to go wireless on my xbox! using a wireless router hard wired to my pc and my x-box wireless using a wireless ethernet bridge.
    Could people who use this type of connection tell me what router/wireless bridge they are using and how they rate it?

cheers all

2. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D-Link is spot on !!! No dropped sessions in over 500 hrs of use, using Pipex ADSL

Before this I used Belkin with NTL, which was good. But when I moved to ADSL it would not stay connected for more than 3 mins. Found to be a firmware prob. Downloaded latest fix , which when applied shagged the router. I went through 3 replacements before giving up & moving to D-Link.

Neighbour has NetGear, which although cheap seems to have limited range.

Most important thing I have found is going for the all in one modem/router/wireless makes life a hell of a lot easier & drastically reduces the chance of dropouts.

3. pepsi

pepsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Use Buffalo 54G. Works with no probs for all normal stuff.

Was very good value for money.

Pepsi.

4. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I used to use a Linksys befw11s4 router but had a occasional problem on xbox pgr2 (and only pgr 2 though) I have since upgraded to a D-Link 614+ and the pGR2 problem has gone.
    I do not know of any issues with any manufacturers wireless bridge, so you should be safe there.
    My D-Link 614+ has a big xbox live compatible logo on the front of the box.
    Check out a list of xbox live compatible routers on the USA and UK Live websites because the information differs slighty.

5. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Ere Ere I wonder? I've got the BEFW11S4 and a WET11 bridge all games are fine but when I play PGR2 I cant be in the same room as Typhoon ( probably cos he smells;) :D ) every time he tries to connect he comes in and then disappears and vice versa if I try to connect a game he is hosting, although others can accept him, and join any game he is hosting. Strange hummmm.

Matt

Not sure the point of my post but I just felt like giving me digits a work out.:D

6. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    HERE is the one I have now Manic. Works a treat.