What wireless speakers

danped

Standard Member
Hi,

I currently have an Onkyo TX-SR508 amplifier and 5 surround sound ONKYO speakers which came with the package (was about £400 as I remember) I have added two Q-Accoustic 3020 speakers to this. Overall I'm pretty happy with the sound. I also use this to connect my ipod to play music. Again the sound is good enough for me.

My TV is an LG B9 which has wireless connectivity.

What I would like to have is bluetooth so I can just throw music onto them from my phone or other bluetooth device, but still use them for the TV. A bonus would be to replace the Amplifier box and get rid of the wires. I would still like to have a multiple speaker set up as I think they are better than sound bars.

I have £500-£750 to spend and would like to upgrade. What should I get and would it give me better sound and work for my needs? Or is some kind of convert your existing speakers to become bluetooth a better option?

Thanks,
Dan

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
Hi Dan

Just a couple of questions:

• what size room are you in?
  • how far away from the TV are you listening
  • are you happy just with a pair of speakers (2 channel / stereo)?

You mention you like the 3020 sound - would an "active" 3020 be acceptable to you?
If so - I may have just the thing:

The M20 HD is a active 3020 from Q Acoustics :)
Connect your phone via bluetooth, TV via bluetooth or optical, USB/RCA etc are available too.

A single wire connects the two speakers together and a single power cable.

But answer the above and there may be some other options for you too :)

danped

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm in a 6m by 4.5m room though it is my living room and we a roughly going widthways across it, so listening at about 3.5m - 4.5 m. I do like the option of having surround sound so don't want to go back to just that.

Having read up on it a bit more it seems like I can keep the existing speakers but with a new receiver with bluetooth I could send music via that. So looking at your site something like this:

Yamaha RX-V4A Black 5.2 Channel AV Receiver

I could swap out my old receiver for this and I would have the ability to cast an ipod to the speakers via the receiver. Hopefully a receiver like this would give me a few other upgrades too. Is that right?

Thanks.

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
Hey Dan

All understood. Then absolutely, the V4A is right up there with good quality features. It's limited to 5 channels powered - so make sure this isn't a limitation for your future plans (i.e. 7.1 or 5.1.2)

You can add units such as the Bluesound Node for example into your existing amp to give you airplay / wireless streaming too.

A cheaper option still would be the iFi Audio ZEN Blue v2 which is a bluetooth receiver that you can connect to your amp with. It's not wireless, but it is aptx HD bluetooth :)

The Yamaha's have been as rare as hens teeth - the next batch is due in May/June time as an FYI :)

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom