1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What wire

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by nemesis, Nov 26, 2004.

1. nemesis

nemesis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

can someone tell me what wires should be used for soldering a mod chip to relevant parts of the xbox. thanks

2. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    All wire should have come with the chip? or you trying to extend it? be careful if you are as the power lead has problems.

3. nemesis

nemesis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my brother bought the chip from Hong Kong and it came with no wires - just the chip itself. Its the aladdin2 v1.6. anyone had any experiences with this chip? I have the instructions but I'm not sure what wires are required.

4. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    if you are chipping a V1.6 xbox you will require cable, you need to rebuild the LPC. It is a tiresome process and for beginners is definitely not fun!

You should use 30AWG wire and it is advisable to be a kynar type wire. The wires must be as short as possible or the connection can become unreliable and also is very easy to break off.

If you are chipping a V1.0 to V1.5 then you only need to solder d0 to the motherboard, this is a single wire and the chip should come with a cable for this purpous, if it doesnt however, then the same cable listed above should be used.