Question What wire do I need to connect to satellite/TV

purpleindigo

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just moved in to a new flat, and on one side of the room is a normal Coax socket that works for Freeview.

On the other side of the room is this socket. Does anyone know what type of wire I should be plugging in to the TV part of this socket? Coax doesn't fit, and it doesn't seem to accept an F-Type screw for satellite.

I think this socket is for the satellite on the roof, but I'll probably only find out by plugging in and seeing what the TV (which has Freesat capability) finds.

Thanks
IMG_4176.JPG

That's a standard TV/FM diplex splitter for UHF TV (Freeview) and FM (plus DAB if an aerial is installed) on the other.

A standard Belling Lee TV plug (aka coax plug Satellite, Television, FM, DAB, Aerial, Coaxial Cable, Plugs, Sockets, Connectors & Leads ) should fit but may be a bit tight if new/un-used for one to be pushed in.

Satellite is invariably F-sockets unless a diy 'bodge' but that plate is too 'good' for that and (with the filtered diplex bits) completely wrong for satellite.

EDIT ask your Landlord or a neighbour about the satellite connection... it may not serve all the flats.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
It's odd to have both sockets in the same room but that's what it is.
You don't have a satellite on the roof, that's a dish.
The landlord should have explained so as rodders says ask him now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom