What will you do first in GT5?

Sebastalona

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
So, will you jump straight to Arcade for a few races? Or start your license tests? Maybe to the car dealership for that all important first purchase? Or is online where it's at for you?

Choices, choices!!:D

I will probably have a few races in arcade on some of the new tracks, and then head online.

What will you be doing first?

Take a look at my favirote cars in the dealers first,have a drive in arcade mode and then get stuck into the liscenes.

check out whether there are unacceptable drops in the frame-rate and then wail my arse off on here about it :laugh:

no seriously i will :D

check out whether there are unacceptable drops in the frame-rate and then wail my arse off on here about it :laugh:

no seriously i will :D

:laugh:

I wonder if anyone will start a moaning thread a lá COD forum? I think I will actually wait to get a race event with folk on here before I venture online.

I wonder if anyone will start a moaning thread a lá COD forum? I think I will actually wait to get a race event with folk on here before I venture online.

No dont wanna stoop to that level, daft threads every 8mins. :nono:

Game isn't even out yet and there is talk of a moans thread lol

I'll do the licences first i love doing them, once i have done that i'll start completing the game and when i get bored of that or just can't do it i'll venture online.

Andy

Licences, licences, licences!

Arcade mode? What's that? Never used one before!

I'll do the licences first i love doing them, once i have done that i'll start completing the game and when i get bored of that or just can't do it i'll venture online.

Andy

I was basing my initial answer on recent games I've bought (F1 2010, PES 2011, COD BO'S). i just went straight online with all of them!

However, I remember how addictive doing the tests and completing races for prize cars was in previous GT's. It will be ten fold this time around:thumbsup:

Got to get on the Top Gear Test Track! Unless it is an unlockable :-(

Got to get on the Top Gear Test Track! Unless it is an unlockable :-(

Good shout:thumbsup: Will that be in a reasonably priced car:D

Licences, licences, licences!

Arcade mode? What's that? Never used one before!

Can't say I play arcade mode much. Though might this time as I believe I can upload all my GT PSP cars, and GT5P too I guess (or is that to the proper garage?).

More often than not I try and get some licences out of the way first before attempting the Sunday Cup (or equiv).

Can't say I play arcade mode much. Though might this time as I believe I can upload all my GT PSP cars, and GT5P too I guess (or is that to the proper garage?).

How do you do that anyone know yet? Does it give you them for career?

First thing i'll be doing is have a few goes in arcade mode, then start on career licenses, will wait few months till get some cars built before going online as not really bothered about online. Hope it's not usual bumper car fest tho.

Not too bothered about Top Gear Track as played that many times before in other games. ;)
Nice to see it tho and a great addition to the game, Also be good to see how the best times of certain cars compare to real life.

Last edited:
Don't know about you guys, but I'm doing the 10GB install first ;)

After that I'll move onto the licenses and work my way through the career mode. I'll only venture online with mates, as every time I enter a random lobby on a racer I get shunted at the first corner, curse the game massively and then never step foot in the online mode again.

10GB install first too:lol: I 'll just leave it too it, i know some say it can be done while the games running i'am sure that will slow it down though.

I'll only venture online with mates, as every time I enter a random lobby on a racer I get shunted at the first corner, curse the game massively and then never step foot in the online mode again.
Why not join in on the AVF online thread? Any shunting here results in public naming and shaming :laugh:

Start a single race with premium only cars (if that's possible) and 16 car grid, let them go off the line and then try to cause the biggest accident I can at the 1st corner to see what the damage is like :D

Then do the same with the standard cars.

Then do some races against the AI and hope to see much improved AI, that doesn't lap like a slot car, I want to see them going sideways out of corners and locking up in braking zones and be able to race.

Then go online and hope to find some lobbies with stock cars, fixed setups and no assits, or setup my own game.

Last edited:
Install, check through options, calibrate DFGT if needed, check out all the cars, then jump into the career, think I'll leave online for a couple of days while I get my GT feet again.

going to get the 10gig out the way, and start the licences first, im asuming you have to clear some licence sections to race better class cars, finger crossed my bro-in-law is dropping me a copy off tonight, :lease:

I have to admit the last GT game I played was the first ever original on the PS1!!!!:laugh:

Loved it though remember having like a 700BHP MR2 in green :smashin:. Can't even remember what we do in these GT games so guess I will just go with the flow once I get it! can't wait!

Shame on you Edy shame on you...:nono:

I must admit it would be tremendous going straight to GT5 without any previous experience or preconceptions from GT5p etc.

It would blow my tiny mind:eek::D

Will be jumping straight into an MX5 to see if they've got the handling right for it, and giving it a good thrashing. Then as soon as I'm able (as I dont know of a certain licence will be needed) going straight to the Jeff Gordon NASCAR school and pulling those straps tight and going racing boys! (apologies for butchering the great Darrell Waltrip)

Obviously the licenses are first off so i'll spend some time nailing those.

After that i'll just start the game proper - buy a car and start winning some races :).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom