What will make you wish to upgrade your i phone

gerbilly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We all know the new software is coming out and finally cut and paste and picture messaging and a few other things. However their is talk of a new i phone.
If it is a mini with lower spec then I will keep my phone, however if it goes up to 32gb or larger I will definitely consider a new contract, hopefully other goodies like video messaging.

A faster processor, a decent camera with video, better GPS support

And staying on O² on the same type of contract (extended another 18months is fine)

Rumour has it the camera is 3.2MP and will take video, so that combined with the fact I'll have more than 8Gb of storage will be enough for me to upgrade :)

Rumour has it the camera is 3.2MP and will take video, so that combined with the fact I'll have more than 8Gb of storage will be enough for me to upgrade :)

i have a 16 so it will have to be at least 32gb. It will also have to be a free up grade with just a renewal of the contract.

Ah yes, I will have to get at least 16gb this time around, mine is full with music.

And please let it be a modem for the roaming Macbook user.
:lesson:

And please let it be a modem for the roaming Macbook user.
:lesson:

tethering, yes I agree with that, however i dont know how they would do that when it comes to a cost, I am sure they would not allow it for free.

same here if it has a modem and 32GB then am up for the upgrade,
even though i might have to wait slightly longer or buy of ebay as am on PAYG,

if the specs are similar and main factor is the bigger storage of 32GB then i wont go for it,
as i have a 16GB one at the moment and that is more then enough for my sports videos and Arsenal Football matches...

If they bring a mini version then i will definately stick with the one i've got. If they bring one with more features (video etc) then i will gladly upgrade (once my contract has run out of course, which is sometime mid 2010).

I'll deffo get the new one.. then sell on my 16GB 3G.

Out of curiosity.. what is a 16GB 3G worth? (Phone in A1 condition, all boxed/packaging from when new)

Looks like there could potentially be 4 versions of the new iPhone...

Four iPhone Models Ranging From 4 GB to 32 GB Coming? - Mac Rumors

Doubt it somehow. Apple is renowned for bracketing its products in the high end side. Why would they want to bring out a 4gb iPhone with less features? That would surely make the iPhone brand image look cheap. We live in an era when the flash prices go down and capacity goes up so it doesnt make sense to use 4gb.

tethering, yes I agree with that, however i dont know how they would do that when it comes to a cost, I am sure they would not allow it for free.
You can get this functionality already if you are prepared to jailbreak your phone & install PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac With an unlimited data contract there would be no extra cost. It's probably contrary to the T&Cs to use your iPhone in this way but there is no way for your telco provider to find out.

I've already upgraded from the 1st Gen iPhone to the 2nd Gen iPhone 3G, I wonder if Apple or O₂ will allow upgraders to upgrade again. Should a new iPhone be actually announced.:)

am saying end of next month for the new iphone or real news,

Is there anyone else like me, who bought their 3G on release day last year (July 11th? )

Do you think O2 will allow us to upgrade when we are just 12 months in to our 18 month contracts?

Is there anyone else like me, who bought their 3G on release day last year (July 11th? )

Do you think O2 will allow us to upgrade when we are just 12 months in to our 18 month contracts?

****ing hope so, i did.:D

A faster processor is essential - I still think the iPhone is too clunky especially when playing music and then doing anything else on top of this - Safari etc.

A faster camera, I have kids and anything that starts up a lot quicker to capture more pictures more quickly would be great.

Better camera.

Video capture.

Bigger capacity and one that can be used as a storage device as well (like a USB drive - I know dream land stuff - but the old iPods could do this).

Get rid of the metal rim so that the slides are flush - most iPhones I have seen (including the 2 3G I have - don't ask) have light bleed at the side.

A more resilient back.

Voice recorder.

err..........I think that's it (not much to ask)!

oh and one last thing (all pun intended) - a chance to upgrade should we want to even if we are in month 12/13 of our contracts.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom