1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will happen to my 36" rental tv when i'm done with it?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Vipen, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I've had my Toshiba 36" ZP for over a year now, minimum contract is 12 months which i'm done with.

I'm still happy with it but was unsure whether to engage in another upgrade and get stuck in a contract. Or Buy.

Hyperfi have this £2K TV in stock now for £700!!!!!!!!! i mean, i could have that, right, and save my monthly outgoings.

Anyway, so what happens to this TV if i jack it in. If Hyperfi ell for £700 the same TV, what will the rental company do with it?

Could I offer them to buy it cheap (which i doubt they would at that price) otherwise i'm handing it in?

I've never seen a glut of hi-spec rental tvs anywhere (this is my 4th 36"), so where do they go???

I'd be happy to buy my older philips 36" back off them, had a lovely picture.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    Most good sets are just re-rented or sold in the shops. Lower spec sets are sold off to jobbers who buy them in bulk and sell them to the trade. Lanway Trading and Campion Thompson (not sure if they are still around) are a couple of names that I remember.

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Clean it, re box it and advertise it on a website for £899 and describe it to be in as new condition. ;)