• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What will give best picture?

Fleeting

Established Member
I have a 42PX80 on order.

I have a old Pioneer 565A DVD player with component etc and a new Panasonic DVD recorder with HDMI etc which cost £150.

Which will give best pic quality do you think?

Or are there other players under £100 that will be much better?

KUBBY

Prominent Member
Hi,

HDMI without a doubt.Its a Digital signal compared to an analogue one.

Do you have other kit,ie a receiver/amp or will you be running the HDMI Straight from the recoredr ? Not that it matters,HDMI is the way to go.

KH

ijd

Established Member
the best bet would be plug them both in and make your own judgement, however pioneer connected via component will be a digital image converted to analogue whereas panasonic hdmi is all digital.
some people prefer the softer image that can be obtained using the component analogue , but i am sure many will say the hdmi digital image will be the better,
a bit like the purists used to prefer records, when cds were first introduced

Fleeting

Established Member
Thanks for reply's

I did have a Yamaha VS10 which has lasted about 7 Years and sounded good. But my 2 year old has killed it.

Until I decide which way to go with replacing the surround system, either a panasonic all in one or whatever....then I will be making do with what I have.

Would I see a massive difference in quality from say the DVD recorder to say a new £100 ish DVD player?

KUBBY

Prominent Member
You know,the purist reference by ijd is very relevant.Picture quality by different transport means is in the eye of the beholder.

My preference is for the HDMI which is why i replied so positvely. Apart from the cleaner picture,you only need one cable!

Why not run the recorder on HDMI alternatvely with its componant outputs and see what you think,before you spend any more?

Remember you will need audio cables with the componant connection.

KH

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom