What will be the vote totals tomorrow (Oct 19th)?

What will the vote numbers be tomorrow - Either in favour or against deal

• More then 20 in favour

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • More then 15 in favour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More then 10 in favour

• More then 5 in Favour

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Within 5 either way

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • More then 5 against

• More then 10 against

• More then 15 against

• More then 20 against

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinnocchio

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be critical to determining if this constant bickering about Brexit comes to an end.

The vote in parliament has so many subplots that no-one really knows what will happen,

So what do you think the vote will end up at?

Close :)

IG

For a couple of minutes I read this as you were closing the voting......and couldn't for the life of me work out why. In my defence I've caught a cold and have a stonking stonking headache and my vision isn't great either.

Glad you figured out I was predicting a narrow gap :thumbsup:

I think it might sneak through given all the support for the deal from across the spectrum.

Guessing within 5 either way. Depends how successful Boris is at schmoozing people today.

I am guessing this will go through with 10 or so in favour.

Guessing within 5 either way. Depends how successful Boris is at schmoozing people today.

I hope his superhero schmoozing powers are strong enough.

Super-Boris-460.jpg

To deal with the craptonite

Last edited:
Oh hope he doesn't go for a Dexy's and tries to ...
Cum On Arlene

BBC sitting on the fence. Showed a bar chart of for and against with no numbers attached with for and against "about the same" size. Only number was needing 320 votes to pass. :rolleyes:

does that mean ...
ERG "Spartans" :boring: + DUP 💩 = the Suicide Squad

As we are out of the loop on anything and all. We can have fun with anything and all 🍺 .

More like the Boys I feel ;).

That's not the vote on the deal though

But what it does do is force Johnson to send the extension letter under the Benn Act, or he breaks the law and faces the consequences of doing so. In this case it would probably mean contempt of court given he gave the Scottish Court of Session assurances he would follow the Benn Act.

The vote breakdown for anyone interested -

Apparently, Johnson just said this.....

"I will not negotiate a delay with the EU and neither does the law compel me to do,"

So, now light up your Barbecue, get lots of Steak and stuff as next week looks like it will have lots of fireworks.

Should we extend the poll until Tuesday?

As it's set up, you can/could do that. But as it's @pinnocchio 's thread I want the go ahead from him.

Last edited:
Should we extend the poll until Tuesday?

You might need to extend it a bit longer than that. If he fails to send the letter by 11pm tonight, then the case before the Scottish Courts resumes on Monday. Where they will either give Johnson 24 hours to comply with the law or they'll move to contempt of court proceedings. Johnson gave the Scottish Court of Session legally binding assurances that he would comply with the law. I also believe that if another Minister attempts to send a second letter asking for the first letter to be ignored, they'd find themselves in contempt of court.

So if he doesn't send the letter by 11pm tonight, he'll probably get another 24 hours to comply (via the courts on monday) with the law and if he fails to so again then he faces the real risk of being found in contempt of court. Which if he is, will then be appealed to the Supreme Court.

I can't keep extending it forever ;) :laugh:

As it's set up, you can/could do that. But as it's @pinnocchio 's thread I want the go ahead from him.

IG, that's kind but could I suggest we rename this thread to ..... (19th Oct) and setup a new identical one ..... (week of 21st Oct) perhaps, to see how much change there is?

Your call though, whatever causes the least work.

Sounds good to me :cool:

Done.

Can we close this one and point people to the new one pls?

I just started a copy :laugh: Never mind :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom