What weird habits do you have

chrisw

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I saw this on another forum, and honestly, it was one of the funniest things I've ever read...

1) I have to have the remote control - can't stand someone else being in control!
2) I remember number plates from cars in case they are involved in a crime

just a couple to start off - don't want to sound too odd!

A mate of mine has to have the volume setting on his car hifi set to an even number !

And have it at a odd number?! ... breathe ... ;)

I get really cheesed off with uncorrected spellings in thread titles... *cough* Jensen Button *cough*...I've been so tempted to PM...don't mind in posts mind. Just the thread title

If I see a crease in paper, or a book, mag etc I will try to flatten it with a heavier object. I just can't let it lie....or rather poke up at the folded angle

I'll shut up. I also ramble. Does that count?

If he didn't have such an idiotic name then perhaps I might have known how to spell it correctly.

JohnG said:
A mate of mine has to have the volume setting on his car hifi set to an even number !

That's not weird, is it ?:confused: :eek: :D

I'm obsessed with round/even numbers - a Volume setting can be any of the following but nothing else: 2,4,5,6,8,10,12,14,15,16,18,20,22,24,25,26,28,30 etc....Multiples of 5 are round numbers in my head.

I wash my hands far too often

I can't shower or bath without cotton-budding my ears afterwards, it would drive me mad not to do this, even if there's no water in my ears.

I can't stand seing a dripping tap...I've been known to make things worse in an effort to tighten the blighters up to stop them dripping!

The washing your hands thing is very common - know loads of people who do it... some say it is slightly OCDish, but I think for some it is just habit.

I have a rather strange one, in that when I travel on airplanes, as soon as the cabin becomes pressurised, I get, ahem, a little excited down there. It's really odd, but makes my other half laugh like hell. It normally goes away after 20 minutes or so, but can be v. embarassing!

chrisw said:
The washing your hands thing is very common - know loads of people who do it... some say it is slightly OCDish, but I think for some it is just habit.

I have a rather strange one, in that when I travel on airplanes, as soon as the cabin becomes pressurised, I get, ahem, a little excited down there. It's really odd, but makes my other half laugh like hell. It normally goes away after 20 minutes or so, but can be v. embarassing!

How do you get your meal tray down?:confused:

chrisw said:
A bit of turbulence normally sorts out the problem..!

Well that's the first time I've heard it called that ;)

Planes, cars, buses - yep, they've all had my most upwards attention at some point in time.:D

Never choose an aisle seat - "excuse me sir, could I just get out of my seat for a few mins?"

"erm..........:eek: :eek: :eek: ........":D

I have a weird habit of often repeating myself during a conversation and sometimes it can even happen when I am writing and sometimes it can even happen when I am writing.

I do have prolongued discussions with myself often gesticulating wildly which does draw attention from passersbys. It drives my missus mental, particulalry when she is trying to tell me something and I am off on one. I call it think out loudly nad as i can make more sense to myself why not? Put the world to rights many times over I do:D

Am I mad ? God knows. I know no different:)

I do talk to my Koi Carp when feeding them, especially when they are taking food from my hand. It's nice that they are never cheeky or answer you back :D

I must admit I don't leave the car volume on 13. Im not particularly superstitious either - touch wood.

My wife also told me that when you see a single magpie you should salute it (to counteract its unluckiness). Now I have to do it. So even out in a busy street I have to make out Im just scratching my head :rolleyes:

The other forum I read this topic on had some really strange things, like people having to take numbers and somehow make them divide all the way back to 1, making sure all the notes in your wallet are arranged in value order, stacking all coins in size order, and more worryingly the removal of clothing when going for a number 2 and whether or not to stand up or not to wipe.... I felt reasonably normal after reading it...

When I lock the door I have to got back two or three times to check it's locked on the car or house! even though I locked it myself I also do not leave the volume on 13 in the car or else where.

woodywizz said:
I have a weird habit of often repeating myself during a conversation and sometimes it can even happen when I am writing and sometimes it can even happen when I am writing.

I like this one :rotfl:

I salut magpies as well. I also have to have a glass of water on my bedside table before I can go to sleep even though I never drink from it and I'll empty it out in the morning to replace it with fresh water before I'll drink from it. And I always rinse out glasses/cups before I'll drink from them, thats a precaution from when I used to live at home as my mothers washing/drying up left a lot to be desired.

I often get chastised by my other half for putting all my CD's, DVD's, games, etc, in alphabetical order. Now I don't think this is strange - what's wrong with finding something quicker?!

I'm also petrified of wasps, but only if I'm walking around without a top or shirt on... maybe I'm worried that my ever-so-important-to-my-well-being man nipples will be damaged or something?! :eek:

I was really surprised to hear not long ago that some people do "stand to wipe" !! But what about the possible flakes collecting in your trolleys ?!!

If a buy a paperback in a shop I look for the one with the least defects on them.

I try no to open public toilet exit doors if possible i.e. time it so someone is exiting just before me or in the winter time put my gloves on. As most people do not wash hand after having a leak or a poo.

rio1981 said:
I often get chastised by my other half for putting all my CD's, DVD's, games, etc, in alphabetical order. Now I don't think this is strange - what's wrong with finding something quicker?!
I put mine in alphabetical order and split the DVD's into TV and Film sections.

rio1981 said:

There is nothing wrong with that, its when you start sorting things by director or year of publication or genre that you have to start to worry.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom