What watch do you wear? Part 3

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm fancying the yellow one now :)

I want that bloke's Magnum PI GMT clock too

yes, some interesting pieces, but a bit too small for me i think..

yes, some interesting pieces, but a bit too small for me i think..
I could live with that, I've got some big watches so could go small for a change, 41 isn't too bad, that yellow Komadirskie is only $78 but OOS at the moment. I was going to get a yellow Luminox but might get that instead if it becomes available

Currently rotating around these:

I'm VERY tempted by the Zelos Swordfish in the classifieds.....

Attachments

• Moon Watch Front.jpg
    Moon Watch Front.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Moon Watch Back.jpg
    Moon Watch Back.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Casio Royale.jpg
    Casio Royale.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 7959.jpg
    7959.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210113_225405.jpg
    20210113_225405.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 99
I do like the Bulova and almost bought one, but wasn't a fan of the crystal sticks out...that strap works with it too tho!

Just got me a C60 trident pro mk3.
seems very nice on first inspection.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 116
Just got me a C60 trident pro mk3.
seems very nice on first inspection.
Always liked CWs, though I'm not sure why they keep changing/moving logos.

Ben looking at them a while. Managed to grab this in sale with 30% off. Feels more solid than my previous tag

I do like the Bulova and almost bought one, but wasn't a fan of the crystal sticks out...that strap works with it too tho!
I got the Bulova crazy cheap. I'm also really pleased with the Certina - the orange dial is a bit 'marmite' but I like the splash of colour.

I snagged what I thought was a cheap Black Bay last week, but on receipt it was obvious it wasn't the 'grey import' I was advised - it's a decent, but quartz, replica. I've reported the seller on the applicable forum and have secured a full refund but I do wonder how often these sellers get away with things like this. Not sure I should post photos if its a replica - I assume that's frowned upon in these parts?

I got the Bulova crazy cheap. I'm also really pleased with the Certina - the orange dial is a bit 'marmite' but I like the splash of colour.

I snagged what I thought was a cheap Black Bay last week, but on receipt it was obvious it wasn't the 'grey import' I was advised - it's a decent, but quartz, replica. I've reported the seller on the applicable forum and have secured a full refund but I do wonder how often these sellers get away with things like this. Not sure I should post photos if its a replica - I assume that's frowned upon in these parts?

yes, i love certina, i bought my lady this one, and it's probably better than any watch i own... :)

should be ok posting a few photos of the replica as long as you explain the context.. :)

Couple of photos of the replica Black Bay that landed with me last week.
Its a decent weight (lead inside the case?) and 'looks the part' (albeit from a reasonable distance) but the quartz movement is the dead giveaway. Seller priced it high enough to be 'plausible' but low enough to be attractive and 'badged' it as a grey import in a non-retail box. Once challenged he immediately offered a big discount, I pushed fairly hard and got a full refund (including all postage charges).

Attachments

• Tudor BB.jpg
    Tudor BB.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Tudor BB2.jpg
    Tudor BB2.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 93
How did he think you'd miss that? 😂

I've been looking at Tudors (in house movement models not ETAs), but reading on some of the QC issues they're suffering along with some questionable customer service is putting me off some...

I''ve heard similar concerns. I did wonder if the seller was punting 'refurbished returns' but its pretty shabby to not even provide a cheap (£20) Chinese automatic movement.

20210118_133627.jpg

So, first purchase of 2021. I've been wanting a simple, vintage dressy watch for a while. Something along the lines of a vintage Seamaster. As a massive Seiko fan it seemed appropriate to source something to fit in with the rest.

I did quite a bit of research and narrowed it down to a Seikomatic or Skyliner. After finding an excellent Japanese seller I pushed the button on this, a 1969 Skyliner with the rarer linen dial. It's got scratches but nothing noticeable, that's what I wanted, history. All in all it's extremely clean for its age.

Has ebay implemented the watch authentication program yet? I have an early 70's Moonwatch that I'll probably be selling in a month or two, but don't have any papers for it. I also haven't been man enough to try taking the caseback off to photograph the movement.

20210130_155204_20210130190025201.jpg

Another addition to the budget collection. This time I wanted something that harked back to growing up in the 80's. Slimline, functional and affordable! This popped up and I had to have it. It's pretty much NOS.

I've seen a few wearing watches on the right arm. For those that do, are you left handed or?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom