What watch do you wear? Part 3

20200722_172004.jpg

20200722_131816.jpg

IMG_20200723_201018_790.jpg

Well, bringing things to close after a bit of a watch spree. SNXS75, fancied something I could put on some glossy leather for a more formal look. Plus I needed a bit of gold in the collection! Lovely polished case with the gold dial markers and hands against that sunburst grey dial.

Last edited:
That's a "no" then, order was silently cancelled due to no stock...

Same thing happened to me. Wanted another Eco-Drive to bash around with but no stock almost a week after placing the order.

At least you had the good sense not to waste more money on crap like Daniel Wellington, MVMT, Filippo Loreti and other over priced fashion trash. :clap:

I know nothing about watches, just picked one I thought looked decent and didn't cost much.

Just treated myself to a nice Seiko "Meca Quartz". Not expensive but I just liked the colour combination. Looks superb on, and it's looks belie it's lowly price. Had it about a week now, and it hasn't lost a second. :lesson: :lesson: :lesson:
Seiko 2.jpg
Seiko.jpg

It is a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) model so you won't find it in the shops over here.
Hence the reason for going further afield lol!
I know some of you will laugh/frown* but I also have a few "looky likey" TAG watches.
I love some of the Carrera styles, and now have four.
Build quality is superb, and they keep perfect time.
I would never try to pass them off as the real deal, and if anybody compliments me on them I am quick to point out that they are copies.
Just ordered this one.

* Delete where applicable
TAG.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone bought off Swiss Watches Direct? If so, who's stamp is on the warranty card? It reads like it could be any authorised dealer from where they have sourced it from, or do they stamp it themselves with their own name and address?

Every watch is brand new and sourced from an authorised dealer supplied with the official manufacturer's international warranty.

Just out of curiosity, how many watches do you each own?
I've got a bit of an obsession with them according to the missus, but no more than her obsession with sparkly necklaces lol!! She very rarely wears a watch, so she doesn't share my enthusiasm (although she does comment if I buy a particularly nice one), whereas I feel naked without one on my wrist.
None of mine are overly expensive, so it's not for bragging rights.
Just wondered if anybody is as obsessive as me?

Apple Watch Series 4 (I think) for exercise, otherwise I rotate between these two:

Breitling SuperOcean
3B1ED17D-CF17-4B3E-BF59-42DBD23A0974.jpeg

Tag Heuer Monaco Ltd Edition
IMG_0113.jpeg

Seemingly I'm a fan of orange accents...

Seemingly I'm a fan of orange accents...

I've got a "thing" for blue faces. So much so that I've just ordered the blue version of my new Seiko. A fool and his money eh?????

88120611-seiko-spirit-sbtr029-1000x1000.jpg

Every watch is brand new and sourced from an authorised dealer supplied with the official manufacturer's international warranty.

I’ve read that so does that mean it could be any watch shop in the country?

I've got a bit of an obsession with them according to the missus, but no more than her obsession with sparkly necklaces lol!! She very rarely wears a watch, so she doesn't share my enthusiasm (although she does comment if I buy a particularly nice one), whereas I feel naked without one on my wrist.

4 at the moment. These 3 plus a G Shock for work.

2F04B2DB-EEE2-4F53-998A-677EDF8AC737.jpeg

I wear a smartwatch - handy for the alerts etc. I have an Amazfit GTR 47mm (the steel version). I've had it for nearly two weeks and it's still on 52% battery. I have been 'playing' with it a lot, so I expect that, in future, the watch will need charging once a month. Not bad for just over £90.

There are over 100 watch faces from the official app, plus 1000s available free from other users via other apps.

Very pleased with it so far. I have replaced the leather/silicone strap with a stainless steel one, but have a fully silicone strap on its way (less than £2 from ebay).

amazfitgtr.jpg

brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like

In the last year I've purchased several so my collection has grown somewhat. 3 of these aren't worn but I rotate the others.
20200607_112806.jpg

I've fallen in love..........................simple elegance, sorely tempted. Just a little worried about the "glass" not being "glass".
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I've fallen in love..........................simple elegance, sorely tempted. Just a little worried about the "glass" not being "glass".
View attachment 1346221

I had one of these once, and actually sent it back, I was so disappointed with the build quality. It rattled when I moved my wrist, and despite it not being the most expensive watch, it wasn't cheap, so I was expecting better for what I paid. (I remember looking it up online at the time, I wasn't the only person who had the issue).

I bought a Nomos Orion 38 Weiss instead, which I am much happier with. (Hasn't stopped me coveting one of those fairly new blue Tangente models though).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom