What watch do you wear? Part 3

A simple and effective Seiko Perpetual Calendar. Has worked perfectly for many a long year.

I suspect my PO might be a fake but not 100% sure

20200626_165751.jpg

Actually my dad knew I always wanted this watch but life obligation got in the way so he got me one as a Im proud of you present which I wore daily. Then when he passed away it became too precious to become a daily basher so was substituted for the above and this one comes out every now and then and special occasions. Always bring a smile to my face when it comes out

20200626_165822.jpg

Attachments

• 20200626_165751.jpg
    20200626_165751.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 26
I appear to have bought a Bulova and a G-Shock; I'm firmly blaming Ernest Jones for having a massive sale... I would've loved the Lunar Pilot (black strap version was half price) but it went out of stock very quickly.

I'll have to try them both carefully and see if I choose to keep them - this whole 'rona thing means I can't easily go and see them in the flesh first, which isn't ideal.

1593592093745.png

Tzuk is very good but you need a post count of 50(?) to view the classifieds. Chrono24 is a good benchmark to use, prices are a bit higher but you do get extra security.

Not sure really - I suppose my budget ideally is up to £500, could stretch if I was head over heels about it. Probably a diver or sports watch I think?

you could also check out this guys youtube channel as he reviews lots budget divers watches... lots of seiko, but also some decent microbrands too...

Not sure really - I suppose my budget ideally is up to £500, could stretch if I was head over heels about it. Probably a diver or sports watch I think?
£500 will get you a decent new watch. Try Hamilton, Christopher Ward, Steinhart, Seiko Presage etc. Alternatively take a look at places others have mentioned!

IMG_20200702_172536_622.jpg

So, back in May I was feeling pretty down in the dumps so pulled the trigger on this Japanese Domestic Market Seiko Chronograph. I'd been after a decent Quartz chrono for a white but it was difficult to find one at 38mm.
Finally found this model SND309P1 but it is out of production since around 2010. Found a NOS one on eBay in Japan and made an offer. Nearly 2 months on and it's arrived.
Swapped the bracelet immediately for this vintage leather and I absolutely love it!

Thank the imaginary Lord, Oska, for you've bought a watch I don't covert.

That EVF-110D was just superb, and affordable. This Seiko is actually pretty nice but chronographs aren't for me. Shows that there are still some lovely choices for us gentlemen with the more.. slender wrist.

£500 will get you a decent new watch. Try Hamilton, Christopher Ward, Steinhart, Seiko Presage etc. Alternatively take a look at places others have mentioned!
I own a few of those brands and have posted the majority in this thread if you search. Need to know what sort of watch you like as that opens up a load of avenues. As for places to buy, I've bought my last 2 from ebay and they were in exceptional condition.

Thank the imaginary Lord, Oska, for you've bought a watch I don't covert.

That EVF-110D was just superb, and affordable. This Seiko is actually pretty nice but chronographs aren't for me. Shows that there are still some lovely choices for us gentlemen with the more.. slender wrist.
I'm glad I have finally made someone abstain from buying a watch!

I totally get it. I am not a chronograph fan but I wanted to try one out and figured my collection needed one. This was the smallest, least chronography chronograph I found with hints to the vintage style. Being 38mm it's spot on my size. I don't like busy bezels unless they are divers so it's perfect for me. For now...
I think it fits OK in the Seiko box. Sorry for the rubbish pic!
20200703_130110.jpg

Last edited:
After a seven week and one day wait it has finally arrived and does not disappoint.....

w.jpg

I own a few of those brands and have posted the majority in this thread if you search. Need to know what sort of watch you like as that opens up a load of avenues. As for places to buy, I've bought my last 2 from ebay and they were in exceptional condition.
So I really like Christopher Ward, they all look very smart, alternatively and don’t ask me why... but I saw someone on holiday who had a Tissot, simple white face - maybe powrmatic 80 with a red second dial? and I just loved the simplicity but it still grabbed my eye. Not sure of the exact model. Finally - I love the Tudor Bronze Black Bay - even though it’s well out of budget, so any similar would be good!

So I really like Christopher Ward, they all look very smart, alternatively and don’t ask me why... but I saw someone on holiday who had a Tissot, simple white face - maybe powrmatic 80 with a red second dial? and I just loved the simplicity but it still grabbed my eye. Not sure of the exact model. Finally - I love the Tudor Bronze Black Bay - even though it’s well out of budget, so any similar would be good!

CW have never done it for me, i think it's their marketing (changing logos all the time) and their endless sales etc...

I do have a chrono tissot from 2002 (pictured) which i like, and their new chrono's (including the v8) are nice too..

1593787924364.png

Last edited:

I have the cw big day date c9 very smart looking and slides under a shirt with ease.

REF the tissot, was it this one?

17361032_1_640.jpg

If you like the Black Bay look at the Oris Divers Sixty Five. It's still out of budget but more attainable at around £1500 new.

7548 Pepsi- searching for a seconds hand
9329DEF5-AFBC-4651-8629-09296E268F08.jpeg

I appear to have bought a Bulova and a G-Shock; I'm firmly blaming Ernest Jones for having a massive sale... I would've loved the Lunar Pilot (black strap version was half price) but it went out of stock very quickly.

I'll have to try them both carefully and see if I choose to keep them - this whole 'rona thing means I can't easily go and see them in the flesh first, which isn't ideal.

View attachment 1327122

That's a "no" then, order was silently cancelled due to no stock...

8CAE8846-FB1B-43DD-B608-3070F312268B.jpeg
Seiko Quartz mod

What didn't you like about it? Absolute classic styling, timeles elegance. Maybe not an everyday wearer but it's got its place.

Didn‘t see this question originally, sorry.

I was used to wearing the chunky steel bracelet style - since my post, it has grown on me so much that I am actually using it as an everyday wearer! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom