What watch do you wear? Part 3

arenaman

Thanks, I'm fancying the yellow one now :)

I want that bloke's Magnum PI GMT clock too

arenaman

yes, some interesting pieces, but a bit too small for me i think..
I could live with that, I've got some big watches so could go small for a change, 41 isn't too bad, that yellow Komadirskie is only $78 but OOS at the moment. I was going to get a yellow Luminox but might get that instead if it becomes available

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Currently rotating around these:

I'm VERY tempted by the Zelos Swordfish in the classifieds.....

Attachments

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Just got me a C60 trident pro mk3.
seems very nice on first inspection.
Always liked CWs, though I'm not sure why they keep changing/moving logos.

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

I do like the Bulova and almost bought one, but wasn't a fan of the crystal sticks out...that strap works with it too tho!
I got the Bulova crazy cheap. I'm also really pleased with the Certina - the orange dial is a bit 'marmite' but I like the splash of colour.

I snagged what I thought was a cheap Black Bay last week, but on receipt it was obvious it wasn't the 'grey import' I was advised - it's a decent, but quartz, replica. I've reported the seller on the applicable forum and have secured a full refund but I do wonder how often these sellers get away with things like this. Not sure I should post photos if its a replica - I assume that's frowned upon in these parts?

reiteration

Distinguished Member
I got the Bulova crazy cheap. I'm also really pleased with the Certina - the orange dial is a bit 'marmite' but I like the splash of colour.

I snagged what I thought was a cheap Black Bay last week, but on receipt it was obvious it wasn't the 'grey import' I was advised - it's a decent, but quartz, replica. I've reported the seller on the applicable forum and have secured a full refund but I do wonder how often these sellers get away with things like this. Not sure I should post photos if its a replica - I assume that's frowned upon in these parts?
yes, i love certina, i bought my lady this one, and it's probably better than any watch i own... :)

should be ok posting a few photos of the replica as long as you explain the context.. :)

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Couple of photos of the replica Black Bay that landed with me last week.
Its a decent weight (lead inside the case?) and 'looks the part' (albeit from a reasonable distance) but the quartz movement is the dead giveaway. Seller priced it high enough to be 'plausible' but low enough to be attractive and 'badged' it as a grey import in a non-retail box. Once challenged he immediately offered a big discount, I pushed fairly hard and got a full refund (including all postage charges).

Attachments

gex23

How did he think you'd miss that? 😂

I've been looking at Tudors (in house movement models not ETAs), but reading on some of the QC issues they're suffering along with some questionable customer service is putting me off some...

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

I''ve heard similar concerns. I did wonder if the seller was punting 'refurbished returns' but its pretty shabby to not even provide a cheap (£20) Chinese automatic movement.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom