What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

I've just purchased the full DVD set (Volume 1 - 6) of Whickers World, sadly not on bluray as it was never released. Unless anyone knows different?

51M5ZCR11NL._AC_.jpg

As an addendum to my above post, the sub title for Superman II: Donner Cut is very apt in my case.

When it was released on dvd many, many moons ago, an Internet buddy sent me a copy of it on dvd.

Which I never watched to this day. So I still haven’t seen it. :D

Not only one of the best films of the 90s, but quite possibly of all time, just dropped through my letterbox. I’m not upgrading every film to UHD but it’s a moral imperative (bonus points for anyone who know’s which 80s movie I’m paraphrasing :D ) to have Leon in 4K. ;)

89A4C793-25AE-4ABB-A048-58BF0CCA7EA5.jpeg

Not only one of the best films of the 90s, but quite possibly of all time, just dropped through my letterbox. I’m not upgrading every film to UHD but it’s a moral imperative (bonus points for anyone who know’s which 80s movie I’m paraphrasing :D ) to have Leon in 4K. ;)

View attachment 1440564
Nope! Not being contrary for the sake of it - I just don't like the film that much. And I saw it relatively recently too.

Nope! Not being contrary for the sake of it - I just don't like the film that much. And I saw it relatively recently too.

I saw it as an impressionable teen, so that is factored into my assessment. :)

I saw it as an impressionable teen, so that is factored into my assessment. :)
Its one of those films I should love but it just doesnt work for me. Watched it a few times down the years and Im always bemused by the praise it gets.

Its one of those films I should love but it just doesnt work for me. Watched it a few times down the years and Im always bemused by the praise it gets.

Yeah, in a similar way - I’ve always struggled with Blade Runner and don‘t feel it is a true classic.

I read the novel years before the film was made so I knew the background, it helped.

View attachment 1440564

Fantastic film. I got this on 4K Blu Ray when it was released and watched it at the time but have been meaning to rewatch it. I’m going through a bit of a 90s revisiting phase.

Over the summer, I went home and found this in my old room. Still worked too.

E8BD60CB-7758-4920-BDA7-C2BAAA324752.jpeg
9857DB71-34D9-48CA-AFCC-482E9358F875.jpeg
AD860F5E-70CC-4FDC-AC01-ED341BF60579.png

View attachment 1440564

It’s an outstanding film and an outstanding UHD. Definitely worth the dip. Enjoy

I received these this morning:

IMG20210114095956.jpg

It's the second copy of Yellowstone season 3 I've ordered, the other one arrived a few weeks ago:

IMG20210114110923.jpg

The first one is going back, as all 3 discs in the set have scratches on them... Luckily the second set I got doesn't have any.

Fantastic film. I got this on 4K Blu Ray when it was released and watched it at the time but have been meaning to rewatch it. I’m going through a bit of a 90s revisiting phase.

Over the summer, I went home and found this in my old room. Still worked too.

View attachment 1440746View attachment 1440750View attachment 1440798
I still like VHS and still have a vhs player with a hdmi port rigged to my oled tv, I just dont buy them now because everything is mostly available on bluray but theres something about vhs I love, it probably just has a lot to do withj nostalgia and I have The Abyss, The Time machine remake and Braindead on Vhs. I really liked leon too but now just have that on bluray and haven't upgraded that to uhd.

Postman just delivered this little lot from Zavvi! Took a while but like everything else at the moment not having a full workforce will cause delays.
20210114_103022.jpg

I think my Scandinavian Greenland 4K order has been lost, according to the tracking, it cleared customs for import and has been sitting at Frankfurt for almost a month... I've never had anything sit in one place for that long. I'll give it another week, to see if there is any movement (or better yet, it finds it's way into my mailbox), if not, I'll contact the online store I bought it from to work out where to go from here.

I think my Scandinavian Greenland 4K order has been lost, according to the tracking, it cleared customs for import and has been sitting at Frankfurt for almost a month... I've never had anything sit in one place for that long. I'll give it another week, to see if there is any movement (or better yet, it finds it's way into my mailbox), if not, I'll contact the online store I bought it from to work out where to go from here.
Can I ask where you ordered that form please?

Can I ask where you ordered that form please?

I ordered from futuremovieshop.fi, however, it doesn't seem to be available on there site anymore.

I just got this from amazon :)
20210114_154630.jpg

I still like VHS and still have a vhs player with a hdmi port rigged to my oled tv, I just dont buy them now because everything is mostly available on bluray but theres something about vhs I love, it probably just has a lot to do withj nostalgia and I have The Abyss, The Time machine remake and Braindead on Vhs. I really liked leon too but now just have that on bluray and haven't upgraded that to uhd.

I didn’t know you could still buy VHS (apart from 2nd hand deals like cash converters and its ilk)?

I cried the day I got rid of all my VHS (not for nostalgic reasons but because I got pennies for them in comparison to original price paid!). :D

A strange mix of stuff, the Da Vinci box was only a tenner. The Mrs enjoys likes these. Mind you she likes Gerard Butler.....🙄😐

PXL_20210114_134659884.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom