What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

Dracula 1972 is terrible Coz. Truly awful. I made a mental note years ago to never watch it again...
:laugh:
Spoke too soon....jpg

Non been as good as the first 3 in the Hammer series but did have some consolations reuniting Peter and Christopher as adversaries and Caroline Munro always easy on the eyes.
View attachment 1208583
Oh yeah... now I know why Coz really bought this one!
:D

Thanks to mikemag. I don't know what it is, but i will watch it anyway:smashin:
20191018_185125.jpg

This just dropped this morning. Had to take the shot at an angle as the other side of the lenti is a little bit nasty.

20191019_101439.jpg

Last edited:
F854C9E7-BD81-429E-BF9C-246FB8FE2974.jpeg

So that’s what shopping without a wife or child felt like.......huh.

:love:

Thanks to doug56hl head up £8.39 at Amazon (I don't know if a price match as I saw an other firm later at the same price, but it still that price).
1.jpg
2.jpg

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Last week or so:

DCVZcA3.jpg

Apostasy -brilliant British film about the cult of religion.

The Killing of Sister George -big favourite of mine with Beryl Reid. Lots of censorship when this was made but it proves what you can get away with if you're smart.

Things to Come -not seen it yet but anything with Huppert in it is worth a look.

Pool of London -not seen it.

La Notte -beautiful film. Slowly getting through buying a massive backlog of Criterion USA titles. Must have a wish list of 30!

Apocalypse Now -that's my homebrew UHD with 3 discs out of the 6 disc Steelbook and reusing my old Bob Peak Paramount DVD artwork.

tTO1ItF.jpg

Pharos of Chaos -brilliant and sad documentary on Sterling Hayden (brigadier general in Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb) where the filmmakers just follow him around for a week in France and on his canal barge.

Roman Polanski: A Film Memoir -best documentary I think on Polanski as he was under house arrest when it was made so maybe he was a bit more open than he should have been (legal advice: Giuliani, Parnas & Fruman LLC).

Chained -not seen that but it has Vincent D'Onofrio and is directed by Jennifer Lynch who made the brilliant Surveillance (AVForums review) and ever since has just been making tat TV stuff. The Steelbook in Germany apparently has some violence added.

The Martian -great South Korea release with some lenticular love.

The Tree of Life -wonderful film from Malick.

The Diary of a Teenage Girl -really enjoyable film from the director of Can You Ever Forgive Me?

gd0ao0P.jpg

Kidnapping Freddy Heineken -not seen it but it looks a very interesting true story and has Rutger Hauer. Germany Steelbook.

Waking The Dead -one of my favourites from the early 2000s and with a great cast.

The Take -1970s the way it should of been with Billy Dee Sho'nuff Williams
S9K5Eon.gif

Glory -not seen it since VHS.

Conan The Barbarian -never seen it (working backwords with Schwarzenneger). Looks bare bones (nothing on the case) for extras but it's loaded with the US extras except the commentary.

The Fly -not seen it since VHS and I struggled with it not sure I ever got more than 60mins into it. I don't like flies.

And since I'm now a Hellboy fan I've been buying some tat:
nqU6Nx9.jpg

I have that cool looking bust release on the way.

Poundland/British Heart Foundation:
jakDnii.jpg

XINPLMy.jpg

Never seen any of them. Will watch anything with Nic Cage and I seen Melissa McCarthy in that video below and she was brilliant in Can You Ever Forgive Me? -worth the risk for £1.50-£2.00. I still watch the odd Kevin Costya film but he obviuosly struggles for money to make them.

I always remember the young perv in me checking out this EDEN cover in the video shops. Gutted no slips for either but I'm guessing it was an 88 films online order only.
15716608290135698535205132838031.jpg

And apologies @gap and @antmumford about the blu's. I'll get them out this week.

:clap:
20191021_133022.jpg
Finally, as soon as it gets dark, the projector is going on and hoping that this will look spectacular projected on the100" screen

Its just occurred to me that I may not have ever actually watched The Shining from beginning to end! o_O Something to rectify this Halloween. :D

It seems like ages since I last posted in here, anyway here are the most recent arrivals :

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

Today’s arrival:

6A83A3FE-855D-4EC9-99C3-5FF368903016.jpeg

Sometimes i just cant help it when i see something cheap £7.50 new and sealed.
20191023_173412.jpg

IMG_20191023_181141.jpg

Had a voucher so picked this up I have seen it a few times luckily the slip is in good nick

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom