What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Couple of Amazon £10 Weekend Deals today:

7D52DA8C-698A-43FC-8122-0D5D93B5AF97.jpeg

There’s a trading card inside the Detective Pikachu disc, if anyone has use for it let me know and i’ll sling it in the post.

Gazgum

Wow MacVee! To quote from a Woody Allen film: “What the hell am I doing here???”
I am not worthy! Here’s my humble 2 from 71:
66678E11-0EC2-46E8-B7CF-195474341AA0.jpeg

Last edited:

MacVee

Wow MacVee! To quote from a Woody Allen film: “What the hell am I doing here???”
I am not worthy! Here’s my humble 2 from 71:
View attachment 1204650
Heard good things about Get Carter (also heard there is a version with Americanised or should that be Americanized dubbing). Might give it a watch sooner rather than later. Caught the tail end of 10 Rillington Place when it was on TV a few years and so could do with seeing the full thing. Enjoy...

Gazgum

Heard good things about Get Carter (also heard there is a version with Americanised or should that be Americanized dubbing).
Another case of ‘melon’ instead of ‘marrow’?( Wallace and Gromit:The Curse of the Were-rabbit), yes I’ve heard that too.Both Get Carter US versions to be avoided;this and defo the Sly remake!

Last edited:

JohnProton

Distinguished Member
Not a blu ray but it will be played in the home cinema. And I figured you fellows of a similar age would appreciate it...

Came home from work to find this present from the wife:
View attachment 1203132
You can buy a HDMI Modified Sega Dreamcast (DCHDMI) for £229.99 I have often wondered if it would be a mistake to get one or worth it and theres a junk shop near me that sells all the old console games. I do love all the retro stuff.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Took a helluva long time to come back into stock at Amazon but definitely worth the wait for £4:

98B492D0-1BA3-42C4-81A8-E7AE82CD07F6.jpeg

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Today’s arrivals:

CE7827AB-60F4-4EB7-97C6-1F2120EEDCCB.jpeg

Alita partly purchased with the trade in voucher from getting rid of the U.K. version of Chernobyl :)

Gazgum

5F8A2637-7F75-4F5C-8CC4-73838745FD6F.jpeg

Thought I was good for at least a week,then I discover an old favourite has made it on to Blu ;albeit from somewhat dated elements.
And the other one,which had passed me by,appeared on ‘telly’ recently.Caught enough of it to decide it’s worth a punt @ £7.59.

Beaker 2016

Picked up 47 Ronin 3D Blu Ray + Blu Ray + Digital in HMV Belfast for £3.99 on clearance 😎

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
View attachment 1205420
Thought I was good for at least a week,then I discover an old favourite has made it on to Blu ;albeit from somewhat dated elements.
And the other one,which had passed me by,appeared on ‘telly’ recently.Caught enough of it to decide it’s worth a punt @ £7.59.
Paper Moon 😍

IGC

Bit of a backlog:

All my Hive.co.uk £8.85 Indicators:

Only seen a couple of those but really looking forward to that The System -Michael Winner made a good film by mistake?

Us Peele's best film so far.

24x36 -very well done documentary about US posters

The Bounty -never seen this version of the film has to be worth a look and it's got a load of cool extras

Apocalypse Now -UHD Steelbook. A bit of a messy release IMO. Got the Steelbook sent in error but I'll keep it and will be making a home brew UHD case and split the discs

The Intruder -Roger Corman's masterpiece. Barely gets a mention. That's the brilliant France Blu-ray.

The Green Prince -pretty devastating documentary

F for Fake -bit of Welles

The Tenant -great Polanski film (that's the Australia Blu-ray with a chopped up US cover as the artwork was so bad)

Tresspass -Walter Hill for £3.99? I'm in :D

The Incident -very impressive film which I had a vague memory about.

Atoll K -damn depressing film, bought it for the extras.

Raw Deal -quite enjoyed that. Great cast.

The Killing FIelds -no classic but still a good watch (I've added the old DVD to that as it has the lengthy BBC documentary about the film).

Hellboy 2 -only watched Hellboy a week ago and loved it and I bought this for the massive documentary which is missing from the UHD (on my to buy list). Not keen on the remake but I might give it a look.

The Chain Reaction -not classic Oz cinema but still very good and has a lorry load of extras.

Bloodsport -cool film bit of a mini classic I reckon. Nice release from Germany.

Hammett -Wim Wenders's film. It's a bit of a forgotten film from Coppola's never ending era of money problems. A really nice Blu-ray release -and legit- from Spain.

Mostly tat:

Kinetta -brilliant Lanthimos.

Last edited:

MacVee

Oh noooo!....Please!......& in red Amarays....I might cave in & get these: The transfers had better be carp or I may not be able to resist!
Yep there's a reason or two I went for these over the boxset. Should that be scarlet Amarays? You might find out soon as I'm considering doing a review.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
“Few”!!! :rotfl:
Definitely feeling out of my league here,is there a beginner’s thread?:blush::D
Beginner's thread? This is the beginner's thread! :laugh:

Tbf that "few" is from the last month so not that many really... having said that if I weren't getting hooked on waiting for many of these inevitable deals/price drops then there would have been a "few" more! :D

Gazgum

Beginner's thread? This is the beginner's thread! :laugh:

Tbf that "few" is from the last month so not that many really... having said that if I weren't getting hooked on waiting for many of these inevitable deals/price drops then there would have been a "few" more! :D
My policy too.But I find that while we’re waiting I’m hunting around for other things and in the end the ‘damage’ is increased!:rolleyes:

mikemag

Distinguished Member
“Well, fudge me”...........I’m sure Al Swearengen would come out with something like that :)

4A31F21F-D96B-4A80-92FB-6B9E7DB530B2.jpeg

Ripley18711

Distinguished Member

James Thomas 75

Clearly a drunken impulse buy. As it’s not something I would’ve ordered otherwise (and didn’t know I had til I got the dispatch email!)

Ah well...
B8C0D270-92D7-493F-A4D3-315334BF952F.jpeg

Trending threads

Latest news

AVForums Podcast: 11th November 2019
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
BBC and Sky agree new collaboration
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch releases S1 True Wireless earphones
  • By Andy Bassett