What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

I got a trio of BD's in from Amazonia today: The Amazing Spider-Man, The Dictator, and Ice Station Zebra.

I got this the other day :D

355209d1353958411-post-pictures-your-recent-purchases-tarantinoxx.jpg

.....Brian, an' I thought you had some deities, the gawdly types, that assisted you channeling your movie reviews... ;)

Not strictly all HD but these are this weeks arrivals for me...

2012-11-27134327.jpg

2012-11-27134354.jpg

Looking forward to seeing Judge again...been a long time since I last watched the VHS
Devilman has been on my to get list for a while...I'm expecting it will be a poor Live Action version but you never know.

Decided it was high time I started building my HD J Splatter collection so grabbed Vampire Girl Vs Frankenstien Girl
Then I've been watching a lot of Ultraman stuff lately & saw the Gamera Trilogy for a ridiculous price so thought I'd grab that for some men in rubber suit goodness & Karate Robot Zaborgar just piqued my interest so ordered that while I was at it...can never have too much Japanese men in suits films to watch ;) lol

Amazing Spiderman & Jaws are this weeks new Steelbooks.
Jaws was a bargain from Amazons Black Friday deals & Spidey is one I've had on order for ages, I missed it in the cinema so looking forward to giving it a watch at home now.

Neil

Picked this up instore @ HMV yesterday

IMGP1936.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP1937.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP1940.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP1938.jpg
[/IMG]

I got Men In Black III and on a black Friday deal I managed Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2 for $4 each. I already got Vol. 1 but I have to wait for my copy of Vol. 2.

Bought Signs on Blu Ray for £6 which was OK from amazon.

Well the postie was very nice to me yesterday,
Finding Nemo 3D (5 disc set)
Salt Steelbook
Heat Steelbook

I must resist buying Blu's until after Christmas :)

Just paid £49 HMV for Lord of the Rings EE and settling for it now, I know I should've waited for a price drop but really wanted this for ages.

Just paid £49 HMV for Lord of the Rings EE and settling for it now, I know I should've waited for a price drop but really wanted this for ages.

It's £38.99 on Amazon, that's where I got my 15 disc extended edition Blu-Ray's from.

Just ordered Lord of the Rings blu ray trilogy for £9 from sainsburys , not the extended edition but I'm fine with that ..

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Warner Western collection £10.95 and The Sting digibook £6.95 at The Hut Cyber Monday promotion.

Got the following today:

a1.jpg

^ I prefered the artwork on this blu-ray edition compared to our release.

Got Rust & Bone to watch, looking forwards to this a lot and think it's still in cinemas here in Britain:

a2.jpg

a4.jpg

^ Saw the trailer for this and loved the look of it and I'm a big fan of Sophie Marceau.

Got I'm Fine, Don't Worry on dvd, couldn't find it on blu-ray:

a3.jpg

Had a massive blow-out on buying blu-rays over the last few weeks wnet into cex on my lunch break on brought Preist(steelbook),rec 1 and 2 spanish versions and rumble in the bronx jakie chan they were only £3.00 each.Hmv blow out the bourne legacey,zombie flesh eaters steelbook,step up 4 miami heat(the soundtrack is awesome) spent about 70-80 pounds a week but with my pure card im getting loads of points plus o2 moments and £5.0 off for every £50.00 pounds i spend.

Bit of a crazy month

Three Colours Trilogy (£14.95 Zavvi)
Le Havre
The Usual Suspects
Gremlins (25th Anniversary Edition)
Last of the Mohicans
The Amazing Spiderman
The Bourne Legacy
The Green Mile
Face Off
Ted
Transformers Trilogy
Brave
Heartbreak Ridge
Dark Shadows
The Fantastic Mr Fox
The Dark Knight Rises Steelbook

I've only watched the The Dark Knight Rises & Brave so far, looking forward to working my way through this little lot!

Last edited:
I have had A little slow down with XMAS on the way in the last week got some more for the Disney collection in CEX Sorcerers Apprentice, G-Force & Snow White all had DMR cards that hadn't been used so that was good. Also received Dinosaur From DMR so just need 250 points now for another freebie.

Been having a bit of a pre-Christmas spending spree lately ;

The Doors - for less than a fiver off Amazon, had always been put off by the horrible DNR caps of the US disc, but a bit of research shows the UK disc is far better.
Indiana Jones - The Complete Adventures - perfect Christmas [-]popcorn[/-] Whisky and mince pie fodder :D
The Dark Knight Rises - one of my most anticipated releases of the year, I'll be kicking off my Christmas leave with this tomorrow (although last day in work was Friday) once I've rebuilt/upgraded my HTPC
Abbot and Costello - The Christmas Show (1952) - DVD :)eek:) Right, this will be the last DVD I ever buy honest (although this is the second I've bought this year).
Singin' In The Rain - This and the obligatory Wizard of Oz watch will provide the much needed seasonal Technicolor.

Also, a few cracking bargains in the NetworkDVD site sale :

The Prisoner - Complete Series - I've put off buying this long enough, for less than £20 there are no more excuses.
Odd Man Out - £6.12 :smashin:
Things to Come - £6.12 :smashin:
retro-ACTION! Volume 1 - £8.17

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom