What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

zantarous

Distinguished Member
Just had a quick flick through the disc and the video and sound on this is a cracker. Way better than I was expecting and puts Some Kind of Wonderful to Shame which was done by a big studio.

20210708_155314.jpg

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Just had a quick flick through the disc and the video and sound on this is a cracker. Way better than I was expecting and puts Some Kind of Wonderful to Shame which was done by a big studio.

View attachment 1539138

the audio commentary is a good listen too. I remember liking it back in the 90s but I don’t think it has aged very well.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Now that the price has come down I've decided to give this a go.

View attachment 1539111

I know they could be incredibly funny but I've always been put off by the musical numbers. I'm told this one of their really good films.

Bri

i did a double take then as I thought the U was an I in the first word of the title for a moment!

dts

Distinguished Member

Fightclub

Where are people buying their US imports from these Days ?
For myself I use a reshipping company called stackry. It’s free to setup a account after which they give you a us shopping (postal address). I then use either Amazon US, zavvi US, ebay US or buy direct from the film company eg kino lorber like above and have the items sent to the stackry address. Stackry then consolidate the different parcels into one parcel and reship it to me at a cheaper postal charge. It’s definitely worth doing especially when Amazon US have a 3 for 2 offer on etc etc. To make the savings worth while and pay only once for postage it’s best to place an order of around £100.
Also worth noting Amazon US will sometimes give you the option to buy on the uk site this can sometimes work out cheaper if buying an individual item like the omen boxset above.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Todays new purchase

IMG20210710122023.jpg

Just need Justice Society World War 2 but can't find it with a Slipcase in my local HMV & can't guarantee I'll get one now ordering online ☹️

Neil

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
First of my purchases for July:

IMG_20210710_171648.jpg

A shout out for Base.com, I only ordered the above yesterday and it popped thru the door today. I wasn't expecting that.

Evokazz

Todays new purchase

View attachment 1539951

Just need Justice Society World War 2 but can't find it with a Slipcase in my local HMV & can't guarantee I'll get one now ordering online ☹️

Neil

I had to get mine from Tesco, Asda have it too with slip.

Bakey

I only saw Almost Famous for the first time last month then immediately pre-ordered this edition from HMV.
IMG_20210712_173038664_BURST000_COVER_TOP~3.jpg

Last edited:

Nayfne

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros