What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

Garioch

Distinguished Member
Foreign cinema / Scandi-Noir purchase. Have high hopes for both. I enjoyed Ray's Music Room so can't wait to try the Apu Trilogy.
20210222_193752.jpg

Cevolution

Postie delivered this earlier. The best shark movie since Jaws....

View attachment 1465306

I love The Shallows, but I wouldn't go that far... The Reef easily beats it, and I think comes in second after Jaws.

I remember not long ago my old man come over for a visit and to do some work on my place, and I had The Shallows on 4K on, he saw the ending, and he thought the shark death was stupid and ruined it.

Shark movies are one of my favorite subgenres, I've had an interest in sharks since I was a boy... I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't been cage diving with Great Whites, at the Neptune Islands, here in Australia, it's on my list of things to do soon.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
98AFA926-2150-4837-BD52-348534201074.jpeg

I love February and March.......no, not the easing of winter and the imminent arrival of spring......not the end of the financial year and all that fun accounting stuff I allegedly do for a living.......no.

NO COUNCIL TAX IS PAID! That means more Schlock Pounds in the old wallet.......’tis truly a wonderous time of the year.....

brian s

Distinguished Member
I've ended up spending a fortune in order to get the cheap Marvellous post free.

IMG_20210223_161930.jpg

It took me an age to think of something to take me over the £20 mark to get free postage. I'm quite impressed with the delivery as I only ordered them late on yesterday morning.

Bri

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
1614098088988.png

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
I've ended up spending a fortune in order to get the cheap Marvellous post free.

View attachment 1465682

It took me an age to think of something to take me over the £20 mark to get free postage. I'm quite impressed with the delivery as I only ordered them late on yesterday morning.

Bri
I've had the Keaton set a couple of years and had only really dipped into it, but I've been digging back in over the past few weeks. Just fantastic stuff, he truly was a creative genius making most film making today look amateurish by comparison, what he did really is a lost art, we will not see his like again.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I've had the Keaton set a couple of years and had only really dipped into it, but I've been digging back in over the past few weeks. Just fantastic stuff, he truly was a creative genius making most film making today look amateurish by comparison, what he did really is a lost art, we will not see his like again.

I've got The General and some shorts on DVD. These are my first on blu. As you say he was a genius. I'll probably dip into the set tonight.

Bri

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
I've got The General and some shorts on DVD. These are my first on blu. As you say he was a genius. I'll probably dip into the set tonight.

Bri
I've had Kino release ofThe General on blu for a few years, I also recently got hold of this set :

Amazon product

Sherlock Jr. is just fantastic and also features a great documentary on Keaton.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Recent imports, watched both and top drawer UHDs

4372E622-88B1-4E51-BAB8-285E588B90EA.jpeg

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Latest arrivals :

blus.jpg

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Been removed from Netflix now but thankfully still available in Blu. Decent sci-fi show about a generational ship with a big twist. Amazon bringing around tonight.

Attachments

• 18CD5E3A-46C7-4AF1-B9C8-192D35EACC9A.jpeg
    18CD5E3A-46C7-4AF1-B9C8-192D35EACC9A.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 14

Cevolution

This arrived today:

IMG20210225120353.jpg

And I got nice sized refund in store at JB HiFi this morning, for the difference between what I paid for my recent purchases, and their current prices in their 20%+10% with code, off promo.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Philips TV to offer Mimi Sound Personalisation
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney predicts shorter theatrical release windows
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung teases 76-inch MicroLED TV plus flagship Q950A soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Music fully available on Android TV and Google TV platforms