What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
A few 4Ks I got for a tenner each and two more blu ray audios. Look at the size of the cases on those BDAs. Completely different to the the other ones I have.

View attachment 1342486

Bri
I might have to pick up watchmen in 4k, I've got the blu ray, but not heard amazing comments about the upgrade overall.

Evokazz

I might have to pick up watchmen in 4k, I've got the blu ray, but not heard amazing comments about the upgrade overall.

I have The Watchmen Ultimate Cut and it's brill on Bluray, I swapped the case to a 3 discer though and put the Theatrical and Directors Cut inside so it's the ultimate package. I did the same thing with Apocalypse Now Final Cut (threw in Redux Discs).

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
I have The Watchmen Ultimate Cut and it's brill on Bluray, I swapped the case to a 3 discer though and put the Theatrical and Directors Cut inside so it's the ultimate package. I did the same thing with Apocalypse Now Final Cut (threw in Redux Discs).
Yeah me too...have you tried the 4k version? Still undecided if it's a worthy upgrade.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Nice box set! :thumbsup:

I like A League of Their Own and Jerry Maguire, but I'm not sure they're classics like the other four movies.
Couldn’t agree more. They were definitely slipped in the release after a session down the pub me thinks! Maybe Jerry showed them the money!

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
This mornings orders have made me question my role in the world, question my worth, and made me feel dirty and worthless, I still ordered them, and this is a confession of sorts, I'm hoping by telling you guys it absolves me a little, but today I ordered:

Catwoman (2004)
Ultraviolet (2006)

I know....don't say anything...I know.
Jesus. Ultraviolet. Even Milla's biggest fan could struggle to like this one. Its bad. No..its really bad. Im not even sure its a film...its like a bad advert that never ends...

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Yeah me too...have you tried the 4k version? Still undecided if it's a worthy upgrade.
Nayfne! Stop what you are doing and buy it! Apocalypse Now is fantastic in 4K. Get the one with all 3 cuts of course.

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
No 4K for Apocalypse Now means you really are missing out big time. Hate to break it to you!

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Nayfne! Stop what you are doing and buy it! Apocalypse Now is fantastic in 4K. Get the one with all 3 cuts of course.
Sorry jim, i was on about Watchmen 4k..i have Apocalypse now 4k, and its a beauty!!

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Sorry jim, i was on about Watchmen 4k..i have Apocalypse now 4k, and its a beauty!!
Well the older US 4K is a touch better than the UK apparently but go for the cheapest really!

brian s

Distinguished Member
I watched it tonight in one go which is pretty damn good for me on such a long film. It did look odd at times but I adjusted to the style. I haven't compared it to the standard blu in the set or the previous discs. I may do that at some later point. I did have a problem with a picture stutter quite late on. I'm assuming it's a triple layered disc and the problem occurred on what may have been the last layer change.

Bri

Evokazz

Todays purchase.

Attachments

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
9403B440-CA09-4D3E-89C1-EAC28B50E061.jpeg

“All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain soaked rat infested cesspool that is a future London where an alien serial killer in a rubbish suit is on the loose......”

Last edited:

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Well, doesn't look daft at all :rotfl: , just about to watch it.View attachment 1326044
I now own this too, I had a iTunes price drop notification so showed the trailer to the missus who said it looks absolutely shiz but in a it’s so shiz it still looks good kinda way so we have to have it Lol.
I also found it’s a sequel to Forbidden Kingdom so as that was £2.99 in iTunes I bought that too.

duffbeerdrinker

Distinguished Member
I've been looking forward to this one........
20200801_125650.jpg

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Don’t judge me.....

(only £4 from Zoom)

Starring the world’s first multicultural superstar...

9044F757-3184-4ABB-A1E0-A82B19ED9615.jpeg

And Vin Diesel.

ml337

A few recent CeX and poundland pickups. I really need to get the HK blu release of Hard Boiled but at 50p this will do for a quick watch.
20200801_135523.jpg
20200801_135544.jpg

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
E1BE1735-5D3B-46BD-B5DC-5365633313DE.jpeg

Nice to see CEX getting some decent stuff in in great condition - The Witches - while the others are upgrades that finally hit my VFM threshold.

mark6226

I bought Western Union and Canyon Passage on bluray today from Amazon. These are German releases. I've seen that there's some truly excellent westerns in this bluray series. I must buy more. They are all reasonably priced as well at around £12 each or less

Last edited: