What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
I took a few risks today by going into the Bridges this afternoon when it was quite crowded then I went into HMV but it wasn't too bad. There's a Marvellous film on BBC2 tonight but that doesn't start until 9.00 pm so I took a further risk by buying these two.

View attachment 1327346
About our ads

I'm really curious about the 60 fps on Gemini Man.

Bri
The film won't blow you away Bri, but the crispness and detail of the PQ on show from Gemini man is astounding, the 60fps will take getting used to.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I'm having a quick look at it now before we settle down for the night. I'll be astonished if my wife doesn't say something. It's almost tempting to put on the standard blu instead.

:laugh:
Bri

Nayfne

Distinguished Member

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
I'm having a quick look at it now before we settle down for the night. I'll be astonished if my wife doesn't say something. It's almost tempting to put on the standard blu instead.

:laugh:
Bri
As long as the words "Its too fast Bri" don't make an appearance :rotfl:

brian s

Distinguished Member
As long as the words "Its too fast Bri" don't make an appearance :rotfl:
About our ads

We're on pause while my wife takes a toilet break. It didn't take very long at all before she said "Why does this look different?" And my God it does look different and cheap too? It is well weird.

Bri

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
About our ads

We're on pause while my wife takes a toilet break. It didn't take very long at all before she said "Why does this look different?" And my God it does look different and cheap too? It is well weird.

Bri
Fascinating at the same time though.

shaun1952

I bought the newly restored criterion blu ray version of The Great Escape. Should be here soon
it will be great to finally see a decent version of this film
it's crazy that it's not out over here and only available on region a locked bluray. That's criterion for you.
How will you watch this ..its region locked , would love to purchase this myself but my player is not multi region , plus I thought the criterion editions were only played on region 1 ?

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Couldnt resist the latest Arrow sale and have ordered -

Psycho 2
Rififi
and The Visitor....Coz is to blame for this - this film is so bad its got stuck in my head and I'm dying to watch it again! :D

JohnProton

Distinguished Member
This just came. I'm definitely watching this tonight followed by Doctor sleep if I can manage it all. :)
20200702_140411.jpg

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
89CF2205-5EE4-4689-91D9-DEE1BACA312A.jpeg

Someone only went and won of these here AVF compo’s!!!! I’d like to thank my mum, my dad, my hamster, God, CV19, Beryl from three doors down, but most of all me. For being a smarty arsed so and so.

Thanks to @Casimir Harlow and the team for these, hugely appreciated.

VisionMan

Just been looking at these What did you Watch/Buy etc threads and they seem to be nothing but an excuse for a post count. I'm sure someone somewhere is watching some film made on HD DVD/Blu-ray that night or week, for some of the post in in part 1 you may have well looked on a HD DVD/Blu-ray suppliers site.
Would it not be of more interest if peeps give reasons for the purchase or getting a good price on the disc!
Continuing from part 5
I suddenly realised I own a 4K TV now, but have only ever bought DVDs. So I've spent lockdown purchasing some blu rays, which only cost 3 or 4 quid each secondhand.

The Dark Knight Trilogy (£8 including delivery)
Watchmen (the directors cut)
Atomic Blonde
Dredd
Aliens
Blade Runner the final cut (2 disc edition)
Snowpiercer (never seen that one before - 8/10)
And Live Die Repeat, The Edge of Tomorrow

I haven't watched all of them yet but watching the ones I have on blu ray has been a new experience. Particularly Blade Runner, which sound and picture wise is stunning. Yeah, a 10 all day long.

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
I suddenly realised I own a 4K TV now, but have only ever bought DVDs. So I've spent lockdown purchasing some blu rays, which only cost 3 or 4 quid each secondhand.

The Dark Knight Trilogy (£8 including delivery)
Watchmen (the directors cut)
Atomic Blonde
Dredd
Aliens
Blade Runner the final cut (2 disc edition)
Snowpiercer (never seen that one before - 8/10)
And Live Die Repeat, The Edge of Tomorrow

I haven't watched all of them yet but watching the ones I have on blu ray has been a new experience. Particularly Blade Runner, which sound and picture wise is stunning. Yeah, a 10 all day long.
Wait until you buy the 4k discs to try on your 4k TV, especially Blade Runner.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
My latest acquisitions:

C7CC3C14-B90B-42CB-B127-AB402BEF9AA8.jpeg

I had a sudden urge to re-watch GI Jane having enjoyed it immensely back in the day. I know it’s not highly rated but I like jingoistic military dramas. Its also gained greater relevance in the current climate and any film where Demi Moore implores Viggo Mortensen to suck her, erm, appendage can’t be all that bad?

I bought The Relic as I’m reviving my interest in 90s creature features and I remember it being very decent (one of Peter Hyam’s last decent films). Deep Rising and Virus are next on the agenda If I can get hold of them for a good price.

Never seen Centurion and I’ve added Sicario 2 for when I eventually get around to watching Sicario! :eek:

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Really? Your tempting me man....
You can probably get it cheaper if you dig about...but its more expensive for the upgraded picture and sound quality..its great!

Last edited:

brian s

Distinguished Member
I've just checked the prices. Its 20 quid secondhand. Nah not for me. £19 brand new. Still not for me. I wonder why thats so steep for such an old film?
I'm assuming you'd need to buy a 4k player too. If you already have one then look out for the bargains. My cheapest was one of The Incredibles films at only a pound or two new. After that I picked up a couple of Star Treks and Oblivion at around £6 or £7 each. You sometimes see them at a tenner and there's usually a lot going in 2 for £30 deals. Happy hunting.

Bri

pRot3us

Distinguished Member

zantarous

Distinguished Member
Another couple of discs from Wow, I can't actually remember if I have ever seen Revenge of the Nerds so looking forward to that. Been years since I have seen American Graffiti and got both of these for under £15 delivered.

20200703_122301.jpg

Edit: just checked my disc database and since lockdown I have bought 74 Blu-ray/4K Blu-ray films and that is counting boxsets as one film! I don't think even in the heyday of DVD I ever bought that much.

Last edited:

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
5 weeks from the date of order my last mario order has arrived.
It is not his fault but that track shows it sitting in the LA distribution centre for 18 days, then sitting in Atlanta for 3 days arriving in London 6 days ago and delivered today.
So I will refrain from ordering for the foreseeable future.

20200703_132133.jpg