What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
it's a good trailer, and very much up my street, but I had to turn off part way through. As seems to be the curse of the modern trailer, it gives away A LOT. Consider yourself warned! ;)
Pretty good trailer - he’s practically playing himself given his documented anger management issues. :D

domtheone

Distinguished Member
From Amazon Italy. 6 days from order to delivey.

D0B6DBBA-0090-49E3-9488-76EC56C16651.jpeg

rulocal

From Amazon Italy. 6 days from order to delivey.

View attachment 1303162
Nice. Amazon.it can be a bit hit and miss. My last order was despatched over two weeks ago and was last seen in tracking as a failed delivery In Germany 😃. Not sure whether amazon.co.uk can help or I need to brush up on my Italiano.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to watching this:

BC62AD8F-8429-4F92-A219-E808AAE40A06.jpeg

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Not a blu I know but it means I only need one more Will Hay film to complete my collection.

View attachment 1304048

Bri
I'm afraid I still haven't won the lottery yet, but fingers crossed for more Hay on Blu🤞

Did you pick up the recent first George Formby blu release Keep Fit Bri? I haven't watched any Formby in years and had forgotten just how great he was, it's well worth picking up, terrific fun :smashin: I can't wait for more!

brian s

Distinguished Member
I'm afraid I still haven't won the lottery yet, but fingers crossed for more Hay on Blu🤞

Did you pick up the recent first George Formby blu release Keep Fit Bri? I haven't watched any Formby in years and had forgotten just how great he was, it's well worth picking up, terrific fun :smashin: I can't wait for more!
No I haven't got that one. Is it good quality on the pic and sound? My late Dad was a huge fan of Formby.

Bri

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
No I haven't got that one. Is it good quality on the pic and sound? My late Dad was a huge fan of Formby.

Bri
There's a little print damage here and there, but nothing major, good contast and fine grain detail, decent sound too. I've just taken a few screengrabs :

00002.mpls_snapshot_00.12.34_[2020.05.22_17.54.42].jpg

00002.mpls_snapshot_00.38.46_[2020.05.22_17.57.23].jpg

00002.mpls_snapshot_01.13.16_[2020.05.22_18.00.04].jpg

ml337

Recent arrivals. Finally got hold of Nightbreed for a good price and a few steels - love The Mummy artwork and the classic Streetfighter :)

20200522_200424.jpg

20200522_200320.jpg
20200522_200256.jpg
20200522_200357.jpg
20200522_200215.jpg

brian s

Distinguished Member
There's a little print damage here and there, but nothing major, good contast and fine grain detail, decent sound too. I've just taken a few screengrabs :

View attachment 1304115
View attachment 1304116
View attachment 1304117
That looks pretty good. I used to watch his films on TV as a kid but don't remember a huge amount about them other than it usually turned out nice again. I also remember a Norman Wisdom film ripping off one of George's films. Some kind of small racing car scene? It was a long time ago. My parents took me to a Jimmy Clitheroe show that had Alan Randall who was a George Formby tribute act in it. My Dad loved that part of the show the most. I may consider getting that. Many thanks.

Bri

Garrett

ml337

I think I got all the Alex Ross, Universal Monster Steelbooks under £10 each.
They do look amazing, I've been slow to pick them up as I've been getting the individual monsters' full collections and already have the 8 disc essential set. But looks like I'll be triple dipping anytime I see these on sale :rotfl:

Garrett

They do look amazing, I've been slow to pick them up as I've been getting the individual monsters' full collections and already have the 8 disc essential set. But looks like I'll be triple dipping anytime I see these on sale :rotfl:
The last one to drop in price was The Bride of Frankenstein which I think was round £15 for ages then it dropped to £7.99
Some at this firm varying prices for the different films. Never heard of the firm before anyone use them?

domtheone

Distinguished Member
11.30am on a Sunday and this just popped through the door :eek::confused:

1590316542627.jpeg

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
AC015D99-5A48-4507-B406-C9078C676F74.jpeg

Double dipped on this for The Offspring. This is better, Arrow - two films for £17......much more like it!

Last edited:

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
View attachment 1305330
Double dipped on this for The Offspring. This is better, Arrow - two films for £17......much more like it!
Looking forward to your review on this one. I’m kind of interested in The Woman but feel like I no longer have the stomach for extremely gory horror (especially realistically depicted) these days! As a compromise, I’ve bought Jack Ketchum’s Offspring to read. :D

Ripley18711

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to your review on this one. I’m kind of interested in The Woman but feel like I no longer have the stomach for extremely gory horror (especially realistically depicted) these days! As a compromise, I’ve bought Jack Ketchum’s Offspring to read. :D
You may want to warn your stomach then cos it's a pretty gory book to say the least. If you like Ketchum I strongly recommend Ladies Night (which would make a great film) and The Girl Next Door (very, very nasty though).